Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 12:32 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times

Advertisements

Yeah Seattle and Washington State are beautiful places. The mountains, the lush green, the water.. the downtown Seattle area is cool.. and a very pretty city. People are polite, there are lots of cool neighborhoods...and etc. Now for the horror behind all that. The rents and the cost of housing are through the roof and ridiculous. The price of cigarettes, gas, and food is one of the highest in the country. And lastly, the dating scene. A real life horror story and nightmare that defies human logic and understanding. Single men from out of state....don't do it. Spare yourselves the misery. Seattle is a huge sausage fest. Way too many single men giving the women huge amounts of options. Send out a 100 messages to 100 different women on a dating site and get one message in return. While women will receive upwards of 25 to 50 messages a day. The standards and they criteria are thru the roof in Seattle. You best be drop dead handsome, fit and financially very well off....oh...and liberal, to get a date in Seattle. Even then, your chances are slim. But better then the average man. Women in Seattle tend to be stuck up...like you've never experienced before. Be forewarned. They are not approachable. They cringe when approached. They do not like being hit on. They do not like space Invaders. Seattle is a weird town socially speaking....be prepared. Women are demanding here. They define themselves on what they do for a living. They are career obsessed. They are very, very difficult to get to know. Seattle is a high society. Especially nowadays. There is no love for the humble, down to earth, easy going human, who does not make a ton of money in Seattle. Seattle is all head and no heart. It is an elitists town. A liberal elitists town, moreover. If u are a conservative...you will really be left behind and rejected by the women of Seattle. Get ready for rejection. Women in Seattle do not base friendship on heart and soul. It is based on worldly status, model looks, and a high powered, high earning.career. And political leanings, lastly. If you voted for Trump...you will be alone in Seattle. Women in Seattle are highly educated...you best be too. Again it's about status and worldly accomplishments in Seattle. Not much else really matters. If u are a cool, down to earth, easy going soul..who loves communicating and making a bunch of friends...with little effort...forget about Seattle. It is not the place for you. If u go up to the Everett area...thinking things might be better...think again. Although the women up in Snohomish county will be more down-to-earth and less money and status oriented...be forewarned. They are clicky as hell up north. Plus there are a lots of con artist gambling addicts, meth heads, and those who are locals and grew up together and who's circles are damn near impossible to penetrate. it's just another socially weird aspect of the western Washington area. You will not escape the social aloofness and coldness of this region of the USA. Seattle is not for happy go lucky people who talk to everybody, and who are gregarious and warm hearted, and social. Seattle is bad for the soul...bad for ones mental health. It is also dominated by anti social introverts.
Sure the area is beautiful. But nature is not everything. And neither is money.. Best to be living in a place like Louisville KY, or Indianapolis IN, with a much lower cost of living, with much friendlier people and single women, then to live in isolation in Seattle. Mark my words single men...don't do it. Dont choose Seattle.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 08-23-2019 at 12:55 AM..

Old 08-23-2019, 01:11 AM

1,195 posts, read 984,525 times
Good women dont post on those sites. They chase someone offline or get pursued offline. Its no different in other parts of the country. And many who are on those sites are corrupt from dating via the web. Its all too easy for a woman who is seeking a distraction to post a couple pics and sentence when she isnt serious about finding a real relationship.

Old 08-23-2019, 03:13 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Well my son moved to Seattle and married a beautiful girl. He is very handsome and makes a very good salary but he would probably agree with you that the competition for pretty girls there is extreme due to the oversupply of young men in the tech field (he is as well in IT). It's worse in Redmond where he worked so he moved to downtown Seattle. So I think OP has a valid point at least that single men coming to Seattle better have a very good dating game to date pretty women.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:22 AM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
You said something very important: "if you are conservative". Yeah, that's a real turn off to a lot of women around here. I have a number of left leaning male buddies and clients in Seattle who are confident and make a decent income, not rich. I would say they also are decent looking not great. They have all kinds of dating options, tell me they go on the dating sites and can't keep up with the responses. So, i recap.

-Probably gonna do better if you are left leaning
-Being somewhat decent looking doesn't hurt.
-Having game, confidence, is really important wherever you are.
-Yeah, making a decent income helps, don't have to be rich though.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:56 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
You said something very important: "if you are conservative". Yeah, that's a real turn off to a lot of women around here. I have a number of left leaning male buddies and clients in Seattle who are confident and make a decent income, not rich. I would say they also are decent looking not great. They have all kinds of dating options, tell me they go on the dating sites and can't keep up with the responses. So, i recap.

-Probably gonna do better if you are left leaning
-Being somewhat decent looking doesn't hurt.
-Having game, confidence, is really important wherever you are.
-Yeah, making a decent income helps, don't have to be rich though.

My son is conservative or at least moderate and I don't think it affected his dating much other than he wouldn't pursue very liberal women. When he walks around and I'm with him, I see many women checking him out everywhere we go so that helped a lot.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:52 AM

301 posts, read 312,182 times
I’ve spent 1.5 years in Seattle and it’s still a mystery to me how your political views affect your dating. I have talked to people about politics exactly zero times here and pretty much have no idea what are people’s political views around me. It’s much more sane here than in NYC where people are, how should I say it, much more “passionate” and “proactive” about their political views.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:56 AM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times
Here we go again, Seattle dating complain bingo:

[X] Fails to mention how/where they were trying to get dates
[X] Doesn't acknowledge they may have faults
[X] Indications of their own social disorder
[ ] Describe how good his game was in other cities
[X] Mentions "beta males" or socially inept competition
[ ] Even women he isn't interested in have turned him down
[ ] Seattle women are ugly
[X] Seattle women are superficial/wealth-obsessed
[X] Seattle women have horrible personalities
[X] Seattlites are snobs
[ ] Somehow gets "Seattle freeze" from non-natives
[X] Mentions at least one creepy thing
[X] Misogyny
[X] Posting as a future warning to others
[ ] Claims to have left or is leaving the city
[ ] Makes passive-aggressive complaint about passive-agressiveness
[X] Irrelevant complaints about weather/homeless/politics
[X] Other: Space Invaders?

Good sweep on this one. Bonus points for this not being the first thread he has started that complains about the same thing.

Edit: A bit of history might be needed here. Every now and then, a man will move to Seattle and have trouble mixing in. But it's not their fault, it is the fault of every person in Seattle, but especially the women who reject them. And not only that, but there are other problems with Seattle, the food is wrong, the weather ain't right, etc. It's a combination of homesickness, culture shock, and loneliness that makes people come on these groups and rant a warning to everyone else.

Last edited by Transmition; 08-23-2019 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Added history

Old 08-23-2019, 08:07 AM

269 posts, read 297,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Yeah Seattle and Washington State are beautiful places. The mountains, the lush green, the water.. the downtown Seattle area is cool.. and a very pretty city. People are polite, there are lots of cool neighborhoods...and etc. Now for the horror behind all that. The rents and the cost of housing are through the roof and ridiculous. The price of cigarettes, gas, and food is one of the highest in the country. And lastly, the dating scene. A real life horror story and nightmare that defies human logic and understanding.
Sure the area is beautiful. But nature is not everything. And neither is money.. Best to be living in a place like Louisville KY, or Indianapolis IN, with a much lower cost of living, with much friendlier people and single women, then to live in isolation in Seattle. Mark my words single men...don't do it. Dont choose Seattle.

As is the case with most of these threads written by disgruntled transplants soon after their latest social rejection, the common thread to them is the inept person who was involved in evevy situation and encounter he cites.

In this instance the OP wants browsers to believe that somehow the costs of local goods and services are ‘behind’ the mountains, the lush green and the water.

Ignoring the fact that those have all been here since long before there were any goods and services.

Imagine the lush green this OP must’ve been smoking before penning all of that drivel.

And imagine the command of English he must’ve displayed in that chain letter offered to 100 online women.

And people wonder why...

Old 08-23-2019, 09:10 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Here we go again, Seattle dating complain bingo:

[X] Fails to mention how/where they were trying to get dates
[X] Doesn't acknowledge they may have faults
[X] Indications of their own social disorder
[ ] Describe how good his game was in other cities
[X] Mentions "beta males" or socially inept competition
[ ] Even women he isn't interested in have turned him down
[ ] Seattle women are ugly
[X] Seattle women are superficial/wealth-obsessed
[X] Seattle women have horrible personalities
[X] Seattlites are snobs
[ ] Somehow gets "Seattle freeze" from non-natives
[X] Mentions at least one creepy thing
[X] Misogyny
[X] Posting as a future warning to others
[ ] Claims to have left or is leaving the city
[ ] Makes passive-aggressive complaint about passive-agressiveness
[X] Irrelevant complaints about weather/homeless/politics
[X] Other: Space Invaders?

Good sweep on this one. Bonus points for this not being the first thread he has started that complains about the same thing.
I'm not sure if Space Invaders is categorically different than Mentions at Least One Creepy Thing, but I'm willing to go with it since it's actually original content as opposed to every other check point.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:58 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
Good women dont post on those sites. They chase someone offline or get pursued offline. Its no different in other parts of the country. And many who are on those sites are corrupt from dating via the web. Its all too easy for a woman who is seeking a distraction to post a couple pics and sentence when she isnt serious about finding a real relationship.
This. The way around a problem that's pretty universal around the country, is to meet people through real-life activities, not online ones. And some "good women" in Seattle don't go to bars or clubs, either. They go to dance venues (swing, folk, contra, salsa), join outdoor recreation groups (boating of various sorts, hiking, biking), volunteer for enviro orgs, pet shelters, etc., help out with film festivals and street fairs, or participate in the Parks Dept. drama groups, martial arts courses, or music groups, or the neighborhood soccer leagues, which are very social.

That is how it's done in Seattle. People who are active outdoors and in the community are the ones who have a far higher rate of success in building friendships and relationships. Plunking around online is a waste of time, not to mention--so sedentary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area