Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 04:08 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times

Advertisements

"The biggest events you need to know about in every genre, from Earshot Jazz Festival to Rainier Beer's R Day to Issaquah Salmon Days. See them all below, and find even more things to do this weekend on our complete EverOut Things To Do calendar, including the highlights for the entire month".

Link here: https://www.thestranger.com/things-t...d-oct-4-6-2019
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 04:52 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
Thanks, I am again alone this weekend. May visit some Salmon at Issh. I like oysters and beer but I get gouty.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:26 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
There's a weekend coming up?!?

Well, have fun ya'll.

I have to go to Ballard... again. My bike had a part replaced a few weeks ago and it malfunctioned. I'm hoping to have to go to Ballard TWICE this weekend... once to drop off, another to pick up...

It would be really swell if somebody would open up an awesome e/folding bike store on the Eastside.

Old 10-03-2019, 05:51 PM

IRRC, there's one in Redmond, diagonally across from TJoe.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:57 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
"The biggest events you need to know about in every genre, from Earshot Jazz Festival to Rainier Beer's R Day to Issaquah Salmon Days. See them all below, and find even more things to do this weekend on our complete EverOut Things To Do calendar, including the highlights for the entire month".

Link here: https://www.thestranger.com/things-t...d-oct-4-6-2019
I've had my eye on the Salmon Fest for a month now, Im pumped! Id like to spend a night in Leavenworth for October Fest. And also the horse driven sleigh ride they will have there on the 22nd of December. The next 3 months is the best time of the year!

Old 10-06-2019, 12:54 AM

Issaquah's Salmon Fest is a big win. JOM it's bigger than Fremont's Summer Solstice and University District/45 St Spring Fair.
Salmon was OK, probably from 6# fish. I am used to fish of 10-20# and fattier (Oregon coast), but I scored on the 3rd best part of the salmon, the skin. Also got freebies from KingCo recycle. SoundTransit sunglasses ( I am always losing these inexpensive UV shades). Bought couple of bags of BarBerries (Zereshk.com). The Salmon (King aka Chinook) in the river and spawning which is the reason for the festival.

Getting to Issaquah (Depot Park) is a bit of a hassle by bus. Not well planned for bus riders. I need to drop a note to SoundTansit and to the organizers to make it easier to get to the festival area. There is a shuttle but they don't advertise and I wasn't aware of it until returning home-which I had to take the long way-Issaquah TC to Seattle (554) then to Redmond (545). The KingCo transit 271 had festival routes which was not indicated by KingCo Transit, NextBus, or GoogleMaps. I walked from 6:30 to 8:00 to get to the TC. SmartPhone also ran out of juice.

Last edited by leastprime; 10-06-2019 at 01:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area