Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2021, 12:22 AM

61 posts, read 40,713 times

Advertisements

I think it's weird that so many people fall into one camp or the other.

A) I believe the virus was engineered (to at least a degree; it was harvested naturally and then given the proper nudge [not that a large one was required] to become transmissible in humans.

B) I believe Anthony Fauci is a coward and a rat, who knew about these experiments (at least to a degree; he CERTAINLY knew that we were funneling money to the Wuhan lab, where they were conducting experiments with less-than-western containment protocols in place), actively tried to hide his role, lied to congress, and belongs in either a cell or facing a firing squad.

C) I believe the vaccines work, and if you don't get one, you're a lunatic, a danger to others, and should probably by all rights be locked up.

A -> B ≠ C.

There's no grand conspiracy here by, say, drug companies (or whatever), because humans simply aren't capable of keeping secrets so large. People leak; people come clean; people - often seeking money or fame - see it in their best interest NOT to stay mum.

What this is is simply China being their typical Godless, nihilistic, downright evil selves (and yes, I blame the CHINESE for the actions of their government. They're not slaves - they are willing supplicants who will happily plunge the globe into WWIII in short order by invading Taiwan - a generally peaceful, industrious, welcoming nation that doesn't want to be absorbed by a bloodthirsty empire), a sociopath-convinced-he's-a-savior in Fauci, and a very transparent set of limited lies surrounding those two things.

Yes, I CAN have my cake and eat it too on this particular issue. The virus was built in a lab, Fauci is garbage, and the vaccines work (and people who don't get one are worse than most criminals). Bam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 08:08 AM

16,039 posts, read 6,733,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjorntheCold View Post
...and the vaccines work (and people who don't get one are worse than most criminals). Bam.
The people I would exclude from that set are kids under 12 and those allergic to components in all three vaccines approved for emergency use.

Information for Special Populations and the COVID-19 vaccine

Old 07-25-2021, 10:07 AM

9,898 posts, read 7,352,079 times
I definitely have no idea about the origins of the virus, other than we know an animal was related. Definitely could have been lab engineered. Why can't we ever just say that we don't know? It's always, "I believe" this, or "I don't believe" that.

I highly doubt it's Fauci's fault, who is just this expert adviser guy who came to be irrationally hated by a bunch of right-wing morons and alternative-contrarians and anti-science people and conspiracy theorists. The worst Americans hate him, so, that alone makes me like him. I also highly doubt he "thinks of himself as a savior", unless you somehow have access to this man's brain and know his thoughts? It's like, people frustrated with the lockdown/masks/vaccines, have just decided to hate this scientist guy (because he was conveniently on TV urging the things they hate), a regular guy who has just been trying to advise and help and do his job. It's pretty ridiculous. He's not perfect, but neither is literally anyone else...

And people calling for other people to be shot... WTF? This is a human being with 3 children and a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjorntheCold View Post
I blame the CHINESE for the actions of their government.
I blame the CCP for the actions/inactions of the CCP. I'm not a fan, not because Asian countries are "godless" (they're right to be godless), but because the CCP which controls China is an authoritarian one-party system, that censors and controls access to information, without protections of human and individual rights, without proper rule of law, freedom of the press, freedom of speech, proper due process, etc.

"I blame the Chinese"... sounds like you're saying that if you were one of the literally billion people born into that country, who are just factory workers and farmers and going about their lives, with censored access to the internet, that YOU would somehow be different in those circumstances.

Old 07-25-2021, 10:19 AM

9,898 posts, read 7,352,079 times
Norway is majority atheist. You can accurately call that happy, healthy, model of a country, "godless".

By contrast, the communist dictator countries are not "godless"- it's more that the state/leader is like their god/religion, and the propaganda is their myths and dogma. North Korea is in a sense the most religious country on earth.

Old 07-25-2021, 11:28 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,877,606 times
I was a Fauci fan on two days, but never otherwise.

1) When he went to throw a pitch during the middle of the pandemic and rubbed it in our faces while we were not allowed to go to any games. The guy has Chutzpah, no doubt.

2) When National Geographic gave him (and Pelosi) the prestigious photo of the year award.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...i-80-year.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post

I highly doubt it's Fauci's fault, who is just this expert adviser guy who came to be irrationally hated by a bunch of right-wing morons and alternative-contrarians and anti-science people and conspiracy theorists. The worst Americans hate him, so, that alone makes me like him.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:44 AM

3,720 posts, read 2,463,261 times
Well, username.....

Do I believe Big Pharma? No.
CNN? No.
Mainstream media? No.

To get that out of the way,

there are 100 million Americans who are not Vaccinated and with Delta we'll likely have 200,000 cases per day in the US around September according to different MD researchers. These people are just prolonging the masking, hospital bills and deaths because:

99.5% of Covid deaths are of the UNvaccinated.

It's all about odds....numbers.....the vax puts the odds in one's favor.

We don't have Polio and Smallpox anymore thanks to vaccines.

When it comes to the Delta Covid it's a no-brainer that people need a vax.

Dr. John Campbell gives US update with numbers and no opinion.

Judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7sR3p0uiCg

Old 07-27-2021, 11:26 AM

Judging by the 100s of thousands of maskless anti-vaccine-passport and anti-restriction protesters in Europe and Australia this past week, my guess is that it is way too late to stop the spread of Delta among the unvaccinated (and vaccinated). We are allowing flights in right? Vaccinations rates are very low in large parts of Europe and the whole of Australia.

In India, 67 percent of people have already been infected and developed antibodies. We will get there too.

If the below is true (seems like a weird experiment), I must have been infected with Delta at least 50 times based on my lifestyle of the past year:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/he...a-4b245e53b136

Bellevue Square Mall was a maskless zoo of young unvaccinated people during the recent 100F days.

If anyone wants to have a beer this Thursday, please PM me.

Last edited by usernametaken; 07-27-2021 at 11:52 AM..

Old 07-27-2021, 11:57 AM

13,187 posts, read 7,691,188 times
^ I took the bus/Link into Seattle yesterday; Pike Place, walk down to Pioneer Sq/Best Western on Yesler, bus back to Redmond. Wore the mask most of the time. Too many people around.

I'd take up that beer but, I am somewhat sensitive to getting gout. I like craft beers and fond of IPAs (relatively high BEV).

Old 07-27-2021, 01:41 PM

1,369 posts, read 722,693 times
Regardless of people's opinions, hopes, fallacies, theories, etc., the only thing to do to win is to social distance, mask, reduce travel, vaccinate, wash hands. This has been how to stop every communicable disease.

It will be the only thing to do regardless of who you are, what you 'believe' (which is really what you want to believe in order for you to deny our present unfortunate reality), what you aspire to, etc. etc. etc.

The virus just is. It doesn't care for your opinions. There's no negotiating with a virus. You either do what you need to do to win, or you lose.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:10 PM

How can you ever win if half the people refuse to mask or vaccinate? And the ones who do follow orders, still keep getting infected (and even die from Covid despite being vaccinated)?

And all these theories about a virus winning big-time are based on something that happened in 1918. After that, we always won? Despite so many countries not vaccinating people en masse for anything?

All my vaccines when I lived in Africa were fake. i.e., they just wrote that I took those, without injecting me. Very common strategy in most developing nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
There's no negotiating with a virus. You either do what you need to do to win, or you lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area