Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2021, 08:40 AM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times

Advertisements

Pfizer Vaccine Less Effective Against Delta Infections but Prevents Severe Illness, Israeli Data Show

Quote:
The vaccine protected 64% of inoculated people from infection during an outbreak of the Delta variant, down from 94% before, according to Israel’s Health Ministry. It was 94% effective at preventing severe illness in the same period, compared with 97% before, the ministry said.
A 94% reduction in potential hospitalization is an excellent outcome. But we still want to limit the spread, so this is a concern in the long term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 10:22 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,265,185 times
Yeah, that's good to hear. I can deal with non-severe illness. No problem.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:52 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
This is getting ridiculous.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-dete...200244858.html

Old 07-06-2021, 05:17 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...d-deaths-study

On the margins, we continue to discover drugs that help fight COVID. But they reduce the chance of death... you don't want to be in the position where you hope you are one of the 5% who do better with a drug, or the 15% who do better with a drug cocktail... having drugs that help AFTER you are hospitalized is good, but it's NOT where you want to be.

Stop believing the lies that there is a conspiracy to prevent the use of drugs against COVID. The medical profession is throwing EVERYTHING we have against COVID and fighting an able opponent.

Take the safe, effective vaccines and be safe... and free. Refuse because you believe conspiracy theories or are just afraid and you will eventually catch some variety of COVID. You will likely come through that ok, but the odds are HIGH for some long term side effect. Even if it's just a persistent headache, imagine having a headache for a year. No one wants that.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:55 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah, that's good to hear. I can deal with non-severe illness. No problem.
And that is what I am worried about.
Because you {nondescriptive 'you'} may not recognize a "non serious illness" and be walking around spreading whatever you have to others. And if you think you can recognize a mild case of CV, can we depend on you to do the proper isolation and sanitation protocols?

Old 07-06-2021, 07:20 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Because you {nondescriptive 'you'} may not recognize a "non serious illness" and be walking around spreading whatever you have to others. And if you think you can recognize a mild case of CV, can we depend on you to do the proper isolation and sanitation protocols?
Why does it matter fot vaccinated people? If the vaccine is not answer, then the world is gone.

Old 07-06-2021, 07:29 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,265,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I'm confused by your question. I'm fully vaccinated. Are you? If not, then first of all, get vaccinated now.

If I'm ill, then I'm going to wear a mask and try to isolate myself as much as possible, so that I don't spread my germs. If I don't even realize I'm infected with something, then no, I'm not gonna isolate myself, obviously. But I mean, if the symptoms are so non-existent to vaccinated people that you don't even realize you have it, then what's the big worry?

Old 07-07-2021, 10:22 AM

243 posts, read 228,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
It isn't a Mayo Clinic video, but a link to an Arizona TV station (Sinclair?) "news" report from Dec., 2020, and has NOTHING to do with anything you're trying to claim. The one "doubt" it referred to is whether the fully vaccinated, although uninfected, can carry the vaccine and, thus, still spread the virus. We now know that is extremely unlikely:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-june-were-not

The actual Mayo Clinic link I posted debunks everything you're claiming. Repeating the same Big Lie over and over again will never make it the truth.
Trusting anything fauci says at this point proves how gullible you are. How many of those unvaccinated deaths where relatively young healthy individuals with no pre existing health problems ?

I bet the number is 0 or damn close.

Sorry you feel for the fear mongering , I’ll be sure to reply to your post when I’m on my death bed by the super aids ebola variant strain or when I’m posting beyond the grave and admit you where right.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:48 AM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
Trusting anything fauci says at this point proves how gullible you are. How many of those unvaccinated deaths where relatively young healthy individuals with no pre existing health problems ?

I bet the number is 0 or damn close.

Sorry you feel for the fear mongering , I’ll be sure to reply to your post when I’m on my death bed by the super aids ebola variant strain or when I’m posting beyond the grave and admit you where right.
Well I suppose thousands of deaths is close to zero, statistically speaking. Brazil, for example, has seen 1,300 babies die of the virus. Meanwhile, the USA has an obesity "epidemic" among its young people, so we do have a higher number at risk. Do those count?

Old 07-07-2021, 11:56 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,758 times
Looks like it’s time for door to door drives, the JJ vaccine would be good for that. Provide notification a month and a week before and then have a vaccination van go to neighborhoods every Friday and Saturday. That way people will miss minimal work if they experience post vaccine fatigue for a day or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area