Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 05:37 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scully2010 View Post
My husband and I are in our early 50's and we're figuring out where we want to move next. It's where we plan to stay after we retire if we like it enough. We currently live in the southeastern US.

Our youngest kid, and the only one still at home, is five years away from high school graduation, so we could move now, before he starts high school, or wait until he finishes. My brother lived in downtown Seattle for a while, and then Bellevue, and I fell in love with Seattle when I used to visit him. However, I don't really know the best neighborhoods for buying a house because he always rented.

Where would be the best neighborhood to live with views of the mountains, and stay under $1.1 million for a decent sized house? Ideally we'd like to spend $900K to $1 million, but $1.1 million is our top spend.

We need 4 bedrooms so that we can turn two of the bedrooms into offices for ourselves since we both work from home in busy jobs. So being able to commute to a job isn't important. What does matter is the view, being able to have no more than a 20-minute drive to a hospital (you never realize how important medical care is until you need it and it takes 45 minutes for the ambulance to reach you), and having a selection of good restaurants and shopping within 10 minutes or so of our home. So that means rural areas are pretty much eliminated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Get your money's worth on Whidbey Island. Avoid traffic and crime.

https://www.redfin.com/WA/Freeland/1.../home/59699763
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area