Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 11:02 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,151,433 times

Advertisements

The heat is bad this year and it was last year too. Not sure what’s going on, but regret we didn’t buy a house with lots of shade trees and a smaller lot, people waste too much water to keep their yards green in this blistering heat. The pasture is brown and crunchy too. This weather stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 10:06 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,201,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
And extended forecasts suggest you're not done using it yet.
Correct! This weekend? 70.
Next week? 90's
I miss PNW summers.....

Old 08-04-2021, 10:19 PM

14,656 posts, read 12,310,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
Correct! This weekend? 70.
Next week? 90's
I miss PNW summers.....

I've been here my whole life... well... most of it since childhood anyway. Not sure what you guys think usually happens in summer here. This IS PNW summer. We get 9 months of rain, three months of drought.

Lots of days of marine layer mornings and 70s, but a fair number of hotter days too. August is often our hottest driest month, and yet we're going to catch a bit of a break this weekend. Enjoy that, then brace yourselves... Summer ain't over yet. But worry not, we'll be back to complaining about the rain again by October.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:10 PM

1,348 posts, read 714,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I've been here my whole life... well... most of it since childhood anyway. Not sure what you guys think usually happens in summer here. This IS PNW summer. We get 9 months of rain, three months of drought.

Lots of days of marine layer mornings and 70s, but a fair number of hotter days too. August is often our hottest driest month, and yet we're going to catch a bit of a break this weekend. Enjoy that, then brace yourselves... Summer ain't over yet. But worry not, we'll be back to complaining about the rain again by October.
exactly

Old 08-05-2021, 09:05 PM

1,663 posts, read 884,595 times
Quote:

I have been here my entire life, and this is absolutely right.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:48 PM

15,943 posts, read 6,643,430 times
The oddity in this year's weather was the unusually dry spring. It was one of the five driest March-May periods on record. Plus we had the June heat wave, of course.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:16 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,871,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The oddity in this year's weather was the unusually dry spring. It was one of the five driest March-May periods on record. Plus we had the June heat wave, of course.
Not to forget the current almost all-time record 52-day dry spell; and the February snowmageddon:

https://mynorthwest.com/2592895/puge...february-2021/

https://patch.com/washington/seattle...k-friday-wa-wx

Quote:
As of Thursday, the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which serves as the official monitoring location for Seattle, has gone 52 days without measurable rainfall. Seattle's record is 55 days without rain, set back in 2017.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:07 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,771 posts, read 81,730,333 times
Ah, we have the nice rain back again this morning! I just love the smell of the freshly wet ground.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:10 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,871,567 times
Bird droppings fully cleansed from my car. Thank you Zeus.

Old 08-06-2021, 09:28 AM

5,123 posts, read 2,182,318 times
Quote:

Bingo! Any days with blue skies in Seattle is a blessing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: