Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 11:02 AM

441 posts, read 443,746 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about going to see the Eagles in November. How is this arena for concerts? Where is a good section to be able to see the stage pretty well?

Are there plenty of hotels in that area?

Thanks.

I really want to go as they are one of my favorite bands. They are mandating everyone be fully vaccinated. But I am immune compromised and currently doing chemo. I should bee done by November but with the way things go with me that may or may not be true. :-)
The tickets are over $100. I am really up in the air because if I get sick or still doing chemo I know my oncologist will not want me going.

Anyways thanks for any information.

Is this arena in the place of the one that the Sonics played in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 11:12 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,639,605 times
If I were immuno compromised I would pass on this, too likely to get covid.

Best wishes on your treatment.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:41 AM

15,904 posts, read 6,607,727 times
The former home of the Sonics has been newly remodelled for hockey, so it should be in good condition. I have no idea if the new acoustics are any better. Reportedly, Parking is going to be bad though. Personally I'd want to sit up in the stands away from the superspreader crowd up front. Cool concert though, for those who dig geezer rock. Their Hell Freezes Over concert special on AXS was most enjoyable.

Old 08-15-2021, 12:52 PM

13,105 posts, read 7,578,172 times
No one knows, yet.
Hotels in area: depends on how far you want to be from the arena or other places. But Seattle in general has a lot of hotels and you wouldn't have any trouble finding something. No recommendations since don't use local hotels.
Seattle is home for Expedia. I use Agoda for hotels just because I am familiar with its appearance. Shop until you drop.

Old 08-15-2021, 01:33 PM

8,076 posts, read 8,399,843 times
The closest hotel is the Mediterranean Inn (block and a half away):

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ashington.html

Lots of restaurants, cafes, bars, stores, shops, entertainment, attractions, events, etc., within easy walking distance. Open space, green spaces, and viewpoints, at the Seattle Center and in the general area. Multiple transit links with Belltown and Downtown, as well as the Monorail to the Westlake Mall, and routes to Capitol Hill (#8) and Ballard (D-Line).

See if they will accept a negative Covid test within a said number of days.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:51 PM

240 posts, read 197,011 times
They are spending a billion dollars on the arena, other than the roof which was protected due to historical significance, the entire facility is brand new. Also the acoustic is going to be one of the best in the world..

https://www.seattletimes.com/enterta...0-music-venue/

In terms of hotel, you can either look for a place near Seattle center or you can stay in some of the newer hotels in downtown like Hyatt Regency and take the monorail ($2.50 one way) to the Arena from Westlake center.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:09 PM

7,544 posts, read 17,280,209 times
Not many hotels in the immediate area of the arena. I'd probably try to AirBnB a place in Queen Anne.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:19 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,931,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
The closest hotel is the Mediterranean Inn (block and a half away):

Lots of restaurants, cafes, bars, stores, shops, entertainment, attractions, events, etc., within easy walking distance. Open space, green spaces, and viewpoints, at the Seattle Center and in the general area. Multiple transit links with Belltown and Downtown, as well as the Monorail to the Westlake Mall, and routes to Capitol Hill (#8) and Ballard (D-Line).

The Mediterranean Inn is a great suggestion and they have parking, for a fee.

As far as the concert, I'm glad I saw the Eagles in the King Dome for less than 20 bucks in 1976. Ticket prices now are incredibly expensive.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
If I were immuno compromised I would pass on this, too likely to get covid.

Best wishes on your treatment.
Thank you and yes I am passing. The more I thought about it, so I am deeply saddened I will out on seeing the Eagles but once I am healthy maybe I'll be able to see them.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
The Mediterranean Inn is a great suggestion and they have parking, for a fee.

As far as the concert, I'm glad I saw the Eagles in the King Dome for less than 20 bucks in 1976. Ticket prices now are incredibly expensive.
Wow. I saw Paul McCartney in the Kingdome in 1991. The acoustics weren't that great but they had a huge screen so you could see the stage. I can't remember how much tickets were. But I do still have the stub.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: