Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 05:40 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times

Advertisements

I was watching the Mariners/A's games this past week and noticed that only about 30% of the people in the stands were wearing masks!!!

With the pandemic spreading....is this another of Governor Inslee's stunts?? Issue and mask order and not enforce it???

Why are western Washington residents always exempt from his orders??

We CANNOT have King County residents spreading the virus ONCE AGAIN into eastern Washington. I just spent last week in Garfield County and EVERYBODY was wearing a mask.

Please do your part and wear your mask....it is not just a good idea, it is AN ORDER from the Governor!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 05:42 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
It's a statewide mandate and many people are done with this as they have already done everything they have been asked and apparently it didn't work. Time to move on.

Old 09-30-2021, 05:49 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times
I'm so curious what will happen in a few weeks when the vaccine card mandates take effect. I'm confused which businesses check and which ones don't. Starbucks?

Old 09-30-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
It's a statewide mandate and many people are done with this as they have already done everything they have been asked and apparently it didn't work. Time to move on.

Uh, lets see immigration and covid are two areas where laws are suggestions and not ORDERS???

And your fine with that??

Can I ignore the laws I DON'T like without going to jail??

Old 09-30-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

Can I ignore the laws I DON'T like without going to jail??
You might. Depends on how enforceable the law is.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:50 PM

Hmmm, maybe I will stop collecting Washington state sales tax from my customers. I can offer them a 10% discount!!!

Think that might work?

"We have the best government money can buy" and it has been bought. They have to transfer the money to their campaign contributors and the state government is the mechanism that makes it happen.

But getting back on topic....King County, Seattle, and the Stadium Authority is NOT enforcing the mask mandate??

Old 09-30-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Hmmm, maybe I will stop collecting Washington state sales tax from my customers. I can offer them a 10% discount!!!

Think that might work?

"We have the best government money can buy" and it has been bought. They have to transfer the money to their campaign contributors and the state government is the mechanism that makes it happen.

But getting back on topic....King County, Seattle, and the Stadium Authority is NOT enforcing the mask mandate??
I have an indirect answer for you.

[url]https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/current-guidance/verify.aspx[/url]

Look at #3 under the FAQ.

"As with other Public Health orders, King County will focus on education and outreach to support people in following the health order. If there are complaints of patrons or businesses egregiously not following the order, County officials will contact businesses and event organizers and take action as feasible."

Hahaha!

So I realize that you are scared and terrified of the virus and of us demonic Western WA residents, but I find this outstandingly hilarious because it's all a bunch of unenforceable BS. So it's going to be the "honor system" at county-wide level?

Actually I guess it already is based on your observation.

TBH I"m not seeing all that much mask-free people. I am, however, noticing a lot of relaxedness about wearing them correctly. But I'm part of that demographic so I can't say much.

I don't think I have any plans to visit your area of the state until January. Hope that makes you feel better.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:43 AM

367 posts, read 304,624 times
Based on the historical “surges” here in WA coming when mask wearing compliance is near 100%, I refuse to comply because it is clear that it doesn’t work.

You know what it means when you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, right?

Old 10-05-2021, 08:06 AM

230 posts, read 97,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Based on the historical “surges” here in WA coming when mask wearing compliance is near 100%, I refuse to comply because it is clear that it doesn’t work.

You know what it means when you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result, right?

Voting liberal? Homelessness is a problem! Quick vote for a compassionate feminine emotional leader who is willing to spend money on the issue!

I think you have to show vaccine card or a recent negative test to get into the stadium. That may put some people at ease, although when vaccinated you still can get and spread the virus. The test seems like it can have errors, seen different numbers but the point is for sure it is not near 100% effective.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:59 PM

16 posts, read 10,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post

Exactly. Idiotic liberal leadership in Washington state. Homelessness everywhere. I do live there with a good job... but I certainly don't vote for these clowns.

I've been in Florida for the last 5 months on a work project and will be returning to the PNW at the end of the month. Here there are no mandates, very few if any are wearing masks... and you can go to restaurants and other places without having to show your vaccine passport because it's all been banned by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.

... and no, people aren't dying in Florida. Not anymore than they are dying in Washington. Anyone remember last year when WA had more new cases than Texas? One had a mandate and one didn't? Guess which state had more cases? The blue one with the mandate did.

I hear that there are now mandates in Washington again and I won't be able to go to a restaurant or sporting event without showing my vaccine card. What's funny is being vaccinated doesn't prevent you from getting it.

Liberal nazism at it's finest. The sheep are all standing by with their masks on waiting for the next government orders. You get what you vote for (they didn't get my vote) and it's fine... I hope all these businesses go under because they won't get a nickel from me. Once they are on the verge of collapse we'll probably see Insleez lift the mandates like he did earlier this year when "recall" was mentioned.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area