Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 08:43 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,307,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Ever been to Montlake, Madrona, Madison, Leschi, Wallingford...? Or are you just spewing text?
Jabo, clearly he hasn’t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 09:23 PM

13,076 posts, read 7,519,082 times
^Its a big city with a lot of neighborhoods interesting outlying areas
OP should Not be too concerned about their first housing arrangement in Seattle environs.

Old 12-20-2021, 10:44 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,424,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t. raleigh fingers View Post
Downtown Bellevue is very walkable. The bonus is that there are no needles strewn about, and rapes and assaults are very rare.
LOL. Upper QA is more walkable (and more enjoyable doing so) than Downtown Bellevue and has higher walk scores for homes than pretty much all the houses in Bellevue. Walking in downtown Bellevue reminds me of walking in downtown Dallas or Atlanta. It's an utterly bleh experience.

And no needles or tents yet in Upper QA.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:42 PM

930 posts, read 334,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Ever been to Montlake, Madrona, Madison, Leschi, Wallingford...? Or are you just spewing text?
Sure I have been to all those places. I lived in Wallingford for 12 years.

I've lived in Bellevue for about 17 years, and in that time have seen exactly 2 used syringes, and exactly zero tents. How many needles and tents do you see in Wallingford and Green Lake park?

How many shootings in Seattle just this week? I can't recall the last shooting in Bellevue.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Jabo, clearly he hasn’t.
Clearly, your mental telepathy skills are not what you think.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
LOL. Upper QA is more walkable (and more enjoyable doing so) than Downtown Bellevue and has higher walk scores for homes than pretty much all the houses in Bellevue. Walking in downtown Bellevue reminds me of walking in downtown Dallas or Atlanta. It's an utterly bleh experience.

And no needles or tents yet in Upper QA.
Define "walkable." I walk everywhere I need to go--Doctor, dentist, grocery, park, library, restaurants, etc.

If that is not 'walkable,' what is?

By 'bleh experience' do you mean not getting raped, robbed, confronted by aggressive panhandlers, or stepping on used needles and/or human waste? If so, sign me up for 'bleh.'

Old 12-23-2021, 04:04 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,307,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t. raleigh fingers View Post
Sure I have been to all those places. I lived in Wallingford for 12 years.

I've lived in Bellevue for about 17 years, and in that time have seen exactly 2 used syringes, and exactly zero tents. How many needles and tents do you see in Wallingford and Green Lake park?

How many shootings in Seattle just this week? I can't recall the last shooting in Bellevue.
I get the numbers. Yeah, there’s more of that on the Seattle side. The problem I have with your comment is when you group all of Seattle as one. There are many neighborhoods, it’s not just one thing. Some areas have challenges, many don’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: