Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 11:50 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,258,491 times

Advertisements

I have no idea but if I was going to try to find one I'd start in the outskirts. Towns like Monroe, Snohomish, Black Diamond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 12:14 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,232,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I have no idea but if I was going to try to find one I'd start in the outskirts. Towns like Monroe, Snohomish, Black Diamond.
I don’t think there’s any doubt they are in those areas. My impression was that the OP was referring to the city proper, because the city proper was specified in the thread title.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:55 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,536,012 times
The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod is very conservative, No women pastors, no LGBTQ folks, and they do not celebrate an open table.(you have to be LCMS to take communion with them) The Missouri Synod is an offshoot of the Evangelical Lutheran Church as founded in Wittenberg, Germany in the first Protestant reformer, Martin Luther. It is a blend of American pietism and patriarchy.

The LCMS has been around for 175 years. Evangelical Lutheranism has been around for over 500 years.

I don't find their rules to be in keeping with those of Jesus, though, as I am not sure who Jesus would exclude, or turn away.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:07 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,906,498 times
Tough topic, but really comes down to acceptance. Accept our differences and decide to live with no judgement. This is the main way out of most situations. It seems difficult, but if followed will cleanse your outlook. This isn’t therapy, it is just common sense.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-27-2022 at 09:16 PM..

Old 06-12-2022, 03:19 PM

48 posts, read 28,806 times
OP, what do you have against LGBTQ+ folks anyway? Ideally, no church should be homophobic or transphobic. Even if you don't think the homosexual or transgender lifestyle is an "appropriate" way to live, as a member of society you have a duty to respect individuals' personal choices, whether it be religious beliefs, fashion styles, gender presentation, sexual preference, hobbies, etc.

Old 06-12-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrassGuy View Post
OP, what do you have against LGBTQ+ folks anyway? Ideally, no church should be homophobic or transphobic. Even if you don't think the homosexual or transgender lifestyle is an "appropriate" way to live, as a member of society you have a duty to respect individuals' personal choices, whether it be religious beliefs, fashion styles, gender presentation, sexual preference, hobbies, etc.
That wasn’t why he was asking about it at least I didn’t think so. He seemed just generally curious.

Old 06-13-2022, 10:39 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,759 posts, read 58,161,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
That wasn’t why he was asking about it at least I didn’t think so. He seemed just generally curious.
Or an ulterior motive. (very common and utilized just yesterday in threats and arson for the witch hunt in Roe Vs Wade battle lines.)

Both / all sides to blame.

A Fragile USA society.

Handle with care.

There are hundreds of conservative, anti-LGBTQ churches left in the city of Seattle and thousands of parishioners, but... they should have freedom to practice their rights and values too. There are also hundreds of 'accepting' churches and groups who are there to love and serve anyone who darkens their door, or reaches out for help. Be very thankful for your rights, it is a privilege which is quickly being restricted.

Old 06-14-2022, 04:15 PM

1,348 posts, read 709,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_modern_philosopher View Post
My guess the only conservative churches are private home churches. I cannot imagine a real conservative church existing in Seattle, the view conservatives in the city left during covid.
cults left
huh

Old 06-15-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Or an ulterior motive. (very common and utilized just yesterday in threats and arson for the witch hunt in Roe Vs Wade battle lines.)

Both / all sides to blame.

A Fragile USA society.

Handle with care.

There are hundreds of conservative, anti-LGBTQ churches left in the city of Seattle and thousands of parishioners, but... they should have freedom to practice their rights and values too. There are also hundreds of 'accepting' churches and groups who are there to love and serve anyone who darkens their door, or reaches out for help. Be very thankful for your rights, it is a privilege which is quickly being restricted.
I don’t disagree with most of this other than possibly the “hundreds” of anti-LGBTQ churches in Seattle proper, which would need some supporting evidence.

I just don’t think an ulterior motive should be necessarily presumed. Would you make the same assumption about someone asking about LGBTQ friendly churches in a rural forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area