Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 12:08 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,288,032 times

Advertisements

If I could just find the right one to marry, then having 2 incomes for the household would certainly help my options, theoretically. But I guess that's a different help thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 12:17 PM

13,101 posts, read 7,568,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
If I could just find the right one to marry, then having 2 incomes for the household would certainly help my options, theoretically. But I guess that's a different help thread.
DS used "Coffee meets Bagel" app iOS. Seattle.
YMMV

Old 06-27-2022, 02:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 8,336,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Never know who's watching this thread .

Old 06-27-2022, 03:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,893,649 times
Take a look at the Burien area on the southside, Renton downtown is looking good too since they're finally finishing the major road construction.

Old 06-27-2022, 04:34 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,100,402 times
It sure would be helpful to lots of people if the lenders would take a small percentage of future roommate rental income into consideration for qualifying for a place.
I know it doesn’t work like that but it would be nice to some of the younger people if it did.

One of my kids put down a chunk on a nice place just under 500k.
Total mortgage, insurance and tax is at 1,450 per month.
She is getter getting 1k in rent free m one roomie
Her costs are now under $500 per month

Old 06-27-2022, 05:25 PM

^They may.
I don't know the exact details...
DS qualified for a home purchase with GF last October. 20% down. Redmond.
DS told loan officer that he was intending to rent his Seattle townhouse if he won the bidding of a SFH. The rent would be below market but well above his PITI for this townhouse.
DS had verifiable Airbnb rental income and was a Premier Host for 3 years before GF moved-in.
DS had his townhouse rented soon after winning the SFH bidding which he presented to lenders. He/we cleaned on Wednesday on old home. Renters moved in on Friday. Nice.
DS was theoretically unemployed but he presented job offer confirmation. He took 2 weeks off between jobs. He started new job Monday after closing.

Keep tax records and refinance when advantageous.
Congradulations to daughter for her financial acumen. A win for everyone.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:14 PM

8,185 posts, read 8,336,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
^They may.
I don't know the exact details...
DS qualified for a home purchase with GF last October. 20% down. Redmond.
DS told loan officer that he was intending to rent his Seattle townhouse if he won the bidding of a SFH. The rent would be below market but well above his PITI for this townhouse.
DS had verifiable Airbnb rental income and was a Premier Host for 3 years before GF moved-in.
DS had his townhouse rented soon after winning the SFH bidding which he presented to lenders. He/we cleaned on Wednesday on old home. Renters moved in on Friday. Nice.
DS was theoretically unemployed but he presented job offer confirmation. He took 2 weeks off between jobs. He started new job Monday after closing.

Keep tax records and refinance when advantageous.
Congradulations to daughter for her financial acumen. A win for everyone.
Yeah prime, I've heard of that with lenders, pretty different though than just having a roomie.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:32 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,288,032 times
I dunno. Half the time I also feel too scared to commit to Seattle long term, especially since it's gonna inevitably be a tiny condo. I'd be very tied down. But then I look at home prices in the rest of the country, and they're pretty ridiculous there too.

I have a job here and it's like the best job I've ever had, so. Guess this is home! Haha.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:17 PM

^Hopefully pricing will stabilize and fall to more logical levels. But demand will increase.
Save up for the down payment, look around to know what you want. Probably many ladies are looking for the same thing. Be prepared.
GL
YMMV

Old 06-28-2022, 10:55 AM

7,544 posts, read 17,273,225 times
I think you'll find similar prices in upper West Seattle to Cap Hill or (the outskirts of) Queen Anne/Interbay.

New build townhomes in the lower West Seattle area (Delridge-White Center) are in the mid-$500's on up.

Broadway is indeed a noisy street but it's very easy to live close to it and enjoy its amenities without intrusion into your daily living. The area around First Hill Park is a fantastic neighborhood that is literally 2-3 blocks from mid-Pike/Pine and 3-5 blocks from the Whole Foods Broadway, but is super quiet.

Tons of little neighborhoods like that around the greater Cap Hill area. I don't necessarily want to dissuade looking around the entire city/metro for what you want, but if your desire is a car-free lifestyle, it's hard to beat greater Cap Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area