Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 10:07 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times

Advertisements

I feel your pain.
We have some nice neighbors that live 80 or so feet up wind away from us in CA.
Husband, wife and a couple of elementary school aged kids.

My only gripe is every now and then when I’m asleep I wake up to the smell of one of them smoking weed by the fence line after their kids go to bed.

I just can’t stand that smell and worse than that it wakes me up.
I’m not going to complain though.
I just wish it didn’t happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 05:21 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,241,244 times
I can smell my next door neighbor's cheap cigarette smoke. We are in condos. I don't mind it too much because I'm sure she can smell my weed. Just a part of life when you live close to people, no matter if it's rural, suburban, or in the city...

Proximity also brings good things so I try to take it laid back.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:32 PM

240 posts, read 195,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
The noise is too much in summer, neighbors are noisy talkers who hang out in the backyard. The thing is they are Chinese and old. Every conservation is each person shouting at each other who can talk louder. The younger Chinese don't do this, my old Chinese neighbors do. The conversations go thru my walls sometimes at between 7am at 8am.

I long for winter when the rain comes back and they hide in the house.
You have loud neighbors, and they speak a language that you don't understand thus exacerbating the issue. I don't think it has much to do with being of Chinese origin, there are over a billion plus people there, like all other racial groups/ nationalities, some are probably extroverts & loud, and others quiet and introverted.

I am south asian but look similar to north Indians, such gross stereotypes always hurt my career. Even though I went to an Ivy League business school and was always passionate about strategy and finance, yet at all my jobs, I had to fight against being labeled as a software programmer, engineer, etc. Yes, it is true that many south asians in US work in tech and medicine, that is because visa and immigration policies that brought such professionals (not due to genetics). In India (like all other countries) people are in to many different fields starting from journalism, economics, history, civil service to sports. In fact, even the children of Indians here like Nikki Haley, Kamala Harris or Mindy Kaling and Aziz Ansari are into politics and movies. they are not in the limited few professions like their immigrant parents.

Last edited by uniquetraveler; 09-06-2022 at 12:04 AM..

Old 09-06-2022, 01:16 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times
No, I speak the same language as my Chinese neighbors. When conversations go thru walls and closed windows its rather loud.

Old 09-17-2022, 02:13 PM

240 posts, read 195,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
No, I speak the same language as my Chinese neighbors. When conversations go thru walls and closed windows its rather loud.
You have loud neighbors, but it has nothing to do with their ethnicity. Also, since you guys speak the same language, it seems that they are American of Asian descent versus Chinese.. It's like calling a white person English, Irish, Italian, German, etc. instead of simply American, everyone here has come from one place or another (except the first nation or natives).

Last edited by uniquetraveler; 09-17-2022 at 02:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area