Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 11:06 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,351,757 times

Advertisements

We see a bald eagle or two most days in winter when driving long East Lake Sammamish Pky in Sammamish, going into Redmond. Along the Seattle waterfront, there will often be one on the big "E" on the roof of the Edgewater Hotel at Pier 67.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 08:28 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,561,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
any suggestions are welcomed. There is always something more interesting in places we have already visited. Something old is always something new to someone who hasn't seen it before.

Last summer I was ebiking along Kirkland's waterfront; at one of beaches, there was a bald eagle perched on one of the trees. That bird was just 20 feet away, regally surveying the bathers and the beach for a possible quick dog snatch.
Last December, I saw a bald eagle flying over Redmond's skate-park/transit center. It was being harassed by a couple of Ravens while the rest of mob was cheering.
I saw a bald eagle dive and snatch a fish out of the Sammamish River while bicycling home from work on evening along the River Trail in Woodinville. Now that the paths are connected, since you ecycle, you might try the trail from Golden Gardens on Shilshoe, and either connect southbound to Myrtle Edwards and the downtown waterfront, or go east bound through Fremont/Salmon Bay past Gas Works, south of UW, north along Sandpoint to Kenmore, Bothell, Woodinville, Redmond and onto Issaquah. I used to pedal it when I lived at Dexter and McGraw and loved the diversity of locales in the late 90s. Now that it's all connected, it would be much easier.

Old 02-11-2023, 12:09 PM

13,078 posts, read 7,548,256 times
The ride from Golden Gardens along the Bay to the Stadiums/ID/ColmanDock is an interesting ride. Haven't done that since before we moved to Seattle. Good idea. Probably do this on a Link/Veo bike.

Likewise, MontLake down E. Lakeside Ave, cross over I-90 then Rail-to-Trail to Bellevue. Or go as far down on westside Lake Washington. -IXNAY, on this, no protected bike lane. Seattle Bike Map. Maybe loop Lake Union, which is doable on a single charge on my eBike from Redmond.
Sunny day.

FlatStick Pub, Redmond. Pizza&miniature golf is having GrandOpening today.
Not an endorsement. Happy hour, personal pizza $5. Too cheesy for me.

Last edited by leastprime; 02-11-2023 at 12:27 PM..

Old 03-07-2023, 11:40 PM

13,078 posts, read 7,548,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Least, did you hit up the Asian street cart food area in the front of Westlake?
Did AsianStreet @Westlake (entrance by outside escalators) on returning from SD and Bay area 2/23-3/5).
Rate it as overall 6.5 of 10 for "Asian food". We did 2 stalls. X'ian upstairs in WLC is better. Need to visit again.

SD, Santa Monica, Pleasanton-Livermore had better food and ~15% cheaper than us.
California was down right COLD, wet, and windy. As bad as any of our days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area