Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 10:45 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,421,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Recently maggainos closed their downtown Bellevue location.

At the height of the pandemic ruth chris and pf changs closed in downtown Bellevue.

I enjoyed eating at all 3 of these restaurants.

Pf changs still has a location in Lynnwood,Washington at alderwood mall still in business.

In Southern California where my parents live pf changs, maggainos and Ruth chris all have busy locations that are still in business and thriving.

California pizza kitchen closed thier northgate seattle and Bellevue locations before the pandemic.

In southern California where my parents live California pizza kitchen has multiple locations that are very busy.

Do people in the puget sound area have different taste than people in the Los angeles area??

Many of the local seattle area restaurants are horrible in my opinion.

Hopefully the cheesecake factory at Bellevue sqaure mall won't go out of bussiness.

Even though I live in northagte seattle most of my friends live in Bellevue.

Cactus mexican food is not nearly as good as El torito in California.

Tutta bella pizza doesn't hold a whistle to California pizza kitchen.
Thanks for the laugh OP. I almost choked on my coffee.

To be blunt, if you think the Cheesecake Factory and CPK are some pinnacle of cuisine, maybe you shouldn't judge the local Seattleites for their taste.

I find there are lots of decent local restaurants in Seattle proper, most are not chains, nor are they pricier than the chains. You need to have a more open mind about it. In the case that you just can't change your taste for faux fancy chain restaurants, the good news is that the Cheesecake Factory is in every 1980s mall in America, coast to coast including the entire Midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2023, 11:35 PM

426 posts, read 526,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
For me it’s not a cultural quirk, I avoid the chain restaurants because (to me) there are many others that just taste better. I’ve actually tend to gravitate toward hole in the wall ethnic places. The tastes are often delicious with superb quality as the owner is on site running it. They often can be authentically friendly places too, and affordable.
So true, and totally agree. Seems I skipped the obvious. We are spoiled with the options we have here.

Old 03-14-2023, 01:32 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWok View Post
So true, and totally agree. Seems I skipped the obvious. We are spoiled with the options we have here.
Been to Kedai Makan, City Wok? Straight up delicious. Here’s the link: Food — Kedai Makan

Old 03-16-2023, 10:53 AM

174 posts, read 132,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I would imagine that they are having the same problems that all these shut down businesses had with these economically hard times from shutting down the economy for near 3 years and they have it worse with the franchise fees.
Seems like simple math to me.
I agree with this. The big guys (expensive restaurants and larger stores) are more likely to survive. Seems like the middle of everything is going away (middle class, middle-priced restaurants etc.). We'll be left with mostly fast food and fine dining. Everything will continue to get more expensive as our economy goes through these hard times.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:37 AM

2,304 posts, read 1,711,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I do agree that we had better meals in Tucson restaurants when we lived there, prior to our move here in '90. DH was raised south of LA, and his family followed him up over the ensuing years. They, too, seem to like chain restaurants, though we do not. I guess it could be a part of your cultural upbringing. For my money, I avoid chains like the plague, but then I have never been one to prefer a cookie cutter approach to life in general.
Seattle is not one of those cities like New Orleans or San Francisco where every restaurant you go to is seemingly great. However, Seattle is excellent for Seafood, Southeast Asian food (Thai and Vietnamese), Middle Eastern, Ethiopian, and Japanese food. The Chinese food has also improved exponentially in recent years. It has some amazing sandwich, burger and pizza places as well. I lived in Tucson for years and aside from the Mexican food, I think Seattle has better options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area