Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,536,861 times

Advertisements

Today we had such a great day, I wanted to share it so others could duplicate it if they were so moved and have the great fun we had. Also got me to thinking what other great day itineraries are out there so I thought I would start a thread to see what came up. I have two boys, ages 8 and 5, so my itineraries include them typically. If folks could include the target audience for their great day itinerary, that would be helpful!

We started at Red Hook Brewery 11:30am. Lunch on the patio. Biked on the Sammamish River Trail/Burke Gilman Trail to Kenmore. It took 45 minutes with no stops. Played at Log Boom Park on Lake Washington for an hour and had a snack. Headed back stopping at all the playscapes on the way. Got back to the car and headed into Woodinville for my very first trip to Molbaks! Amazing gardening center!! Then headed back home to Sammamish stopping at Thenos Dairy for homeade ice cream. Best ice cream I have tasted in Seattle so far. Got my new plants in the ground tonight and am now feeling so thankful for a great Seattle day. That was on the heels of spending all day at Pine Lake Park in Sammamish yesterday with the kids swimming and playing and checking out the bald eagles. Boy, it was a long winter but we have had an extraordinary last few weeks with all of the outdoor things we have done. Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 02:07 AM

68 posts, read 338,625 times
For weather, my favorites are those (generally spring) days that start out slightly foggy and cloudy and then the sun gradually breaks out over the course of the day so you have a nice mixture of sun and clouds... don't know if that qualifies it as partly cloudy or partly sunny or mostly cloudy... no clue.

Also love the feeling of a light sprinkle on your face when it's at a really comfortable temperature (like 50s or 60s). Perfect weather for walks in the forest in the foothills of the cascades.

As far as things to do, any sunny day in the alpine of the Cascades is great. Also cool and breezy days at the emptier beaches along the northwest coast (like Ruby Beach and 1, 2, and 3).

For natural beauty... the rare and most beautiful sights are usually when it's foggy. The San Juan's and rocky waterfront areas or even a drive through the passes and a stop at some of the waterfalls when there is a light fog.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:50 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,056,509 times
One of my favorites would have to be an early Saturday morning spent at the Pike Place Market.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:58 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,704,361 times
Is this a day with or without my kids?? Cuz those are two TOTALLY different days - I'm lucky to get a couple hours of me time in a month...other then that it's 24/7 keeping kids, fed, bathed and entertained
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area