Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:09 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,363,905 times

Advertisements

Myrtle Edwards/Elliott Bay Park would be a bit of a walk from uptown QA, but does have a fishing pier around Pier 86, and still might have the " Happy Hooker bait and Tackle " shop open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 02:15 PM

43 posts, read 116,919 times
OK, so I have a couple of good apartment picks. Nice to hear. Im encouraged. Can someone please elaborate on Queen anne being a poor choice for walking a kaying to water, fishing or bike riding. Is the predominant amount of kayaking done on the sound, lake union or lake washington? Can you launch a kayak anywhere on these bodies? Also, no biggie if I cant walk to water if parking is available around a good launch spot. Is that the case? Thanks for all the help!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:21 PM

24 posts, read 84,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepingTheNation View Post
OK, so I have a couple of good apartment picks. Nice to hear. Im encouraged. Can someone please elaborate on Queen anne being a poor choice for walking a kaying to water, fishing or bike riding. Is the predominant amount of kayaking done on the sound, lake union or lake washington? Can you launch a kayak anywhere on these bodies? Also, no biggie if I cant walk to water if parking is available around a good launch spot. Is that the case? Thanks for all the help!
You're pretty good on all counts there in Queen Anne. If you have your own kayak, uh...well, hope you're real strong! Hehe, it's a little bit of a walk. There are rental places all over town, though the ones I've been to are actually in Portage Bay (ship canal between lake union and lake washington). Lake washington and lake union always have kayakers (year round), plenty on the sound too, but read the small craft advisories. It can get choppy out there! On that note: Elliott bay is not far from Queen Anne, but I'm not sure where you'd launch from if you have your own. I live in West Seattle so I usually rent em out on alki.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneurysm View Post
You're pretty good on all counts there in Queen Anne. If you have your own kayak, uh...well, hope you're real strong! Hehe, it's a little bit of a walk. There are rental places all over town, though the ones I've been to are actually in Portage Bay (ship canal between lake union and lake washington). Lake washington and lake union always have kayakers (year round), plenty on the sound too, but read the small craft advisories. It can get choppy out there! On that note: Elliott bay is not far from Queen Anne, but I'm not sure where you'd launch from if you have your own. I live in West Seattle so I usually rent em out on alki.
Okey Doke. This is all icing on the cake stuff. Im just happy to have a good general idea of where to look for apartments. Also glad I looked further into Elliott Bay Plaza and that shady little area it sits in. I dont have a kayak currently but my wife and I will buy them when we get there. We are considering a 2 bedroom just to fit our hobby stuff -- ski's, bikes, golf clubs, and soon to be kayaks, haha.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:51 PM

47 posts, read 156,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepingTheNation View Post
I dont have a kayak currently but my wife and I will buy them when we get there. We are considering a 2 bedroom just to fit our hobby stuff -- ski's, bikes, golf clubs, and soon to be kayaks, haha.
Sounds like you're ready for the NW! Pemco Ins. has a funny commercial on the radio about "Northwest Male Action Hero Guy". It's all about cramming bikes, kayaks, skis, etc. on the top of a Suburu. Funny... Funny.... Funny. They have a line of commercials advertising that they have a special understanding of the NW and the kind of characters we are here. Most are ironically funny. Another one talks about wearing socks with our sandals. I don't think I've ever seen my husband where his Teva's without socks except when we were in Hawaii. lol.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,848,296 times
He's #5, I think.

PEMCO - We're a Lot Like You

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamamma View Post
Sounds like you're ready for the NW! Pemco Ins. has a funny commercial on the radio about "Northwest Male Action Hero Guy".

Last edited by MaikeerinWA; 08-21-2008 at 08:25 AM..

Old 08-21-2008, 09:05 AM

47 posts, read 156,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinWA View Post
That's hilarious! I must be #66 and I think my neighbor is #77. Thanks for the website, I didn't realize it was out there. They are all so true and funny!lol

Old 08-21-2008, 02:20 PM

Haha, I think number 5 is pretty accurate. Im on the Northeast diet, though. Energy bars and stuff arent in that diet. I always did find my health and fitness routine incomplete (as well as my level of class) because of the 1.5 hours of exercise followed by the 4 slices of pizza with a coffee mug full of wine. I guess I'll become more northwestern as time goes by, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area