Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 8,333 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Phoenix, and after spending two weeks in Seattle, I am hell bent on moving, I don't care if it rains every single day! It is beautiful! The people were wonderful, and I loved the diversity, most of all hearing the wind in the trees..........nothing moves in Phoenix, except maybe dust. It is lovely here too, but much, much too hot! I would like to move within the next twelve months. I have two masters degrees, one in clinical counseling, and one in forensic psychology. I am also an independently licensed substance abuse counselor. I am wondering what the job market is like for the counseling profession. I will be looking to work in the criminal justice arena. I currently work with men,women, and juveniles who are being tried as adults in the jail system here in Phoenix. Ideally, I would really like to find a job before I move. Does anyone know what the licensing process is like and how long it takes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
Can't answer your specific questions, but I loved your description of "wind in the trees". Reminds me that we should appreciate the small things. If the heat bothers you, then Seattle will not. Anything above 82 degrees in Seattle constitutes a "heatwave". Even if it lasts one day! lol. (I remember a news anchor years ago complaining that the drivers were getting nasty on the freeway, due to the heat...I think it was 85 that day!)

Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 AM

46 posts, read 129,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoswa View Post
I have two masters degrees, one in clinical counseling, and one in forensic psychology. I am also an independently licensed substance abuse counselor. I am wondering what the job market is like for the counseling profession.
Well, given that Seattle has one of the highest suicide rates in the nation, I'd assume that there are a lot of depressed people here in need of your services.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:41 PM

474 posts, read 1,455,042 times
Default Don't continue that nonsense

Please provide me a single link that shows that Seattle has the highest suicide rate around.

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM

918 posts, read 1,696,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Please provide me a single link that shows that Seattle has the highest suicide rate around.

Thanks.
It's a myth. Las Vegas has the highest suicide rate

Las Vegas: The Suicide Capital Of America : NPR

Now, Seattle could still be in the top 10 or whatever, but I searched and searched and could not find any evidence that supported that.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
Default An old thread - there are some others

//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...de-rate-4.html

Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM

160 posts, read 715,093 times
All the Seattlites head to Vegas to kill themselves.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 PM

3 posts, read 6,171 times
I don't know anything about seattle but if you follow susie orman, the financal women who give advice. She send alot of people to seattle to start over. She says is one of the best financially moving cities. More jobs better pay, better health insurance. I wish i had the guts to make such a move.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:35 AM

25 posts, read 143,718 times
we just moved from phoenix three weeks ago! i love it here. i was sitting on my deck and watching the trees sway back and forth. i heard this weird noise and thought, "what the heck is that?" then i realized it was the wind in the trees. i was instantly hooked! i also have not had to dust every day (sometimes twice a day) like i did in phoenix. my dogs shed less and i just love all of the winding roads and tree lined streets. i really like it here so far

Old 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM

21 posts, read 69,615 times
I am also moving from Phoenix to Seattle. I will get there next week sometime. I will keep you posted on how I like it. I am very excited!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area