Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 11:35 PM

14 posts, read 29,843 times

Advertisements

Why Pittsburgh? My fiance is from there. I've been there once and I wasn't really impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 10:40 AM

240 posts, read 534,848 times
Go Steelers!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 AM

Default Weeds

So I'm still behind by a few weeks on Weeds, but I caught up a little on my DVR last night and watched a bunch of this season's episodes. I was pretty excited when they announced they were supposedly relocating to Seattle, but that was about where my excitement ended.

First of all, upon driving into Seattle from the south (they were coming from LA), the first thing they saw was the Space Needle. I understand that for the average person, the most recognizable landmark in Seattle is undoubtedly the Space Needle, but it still troubled my willingness to suspend my disbelief.

Then a bellhop at a hotel literally referred to something Seattle-related in nearly every sentence he used: Space Needle, Puget Sound, rain, etc. The funniest part was when they left and Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker) commented that they already had to leave and they didn't even get any rain. What a ripoff.

They were clearly in southern CA when they filmed these shots. I don't think any of it was actually filmed in Seattle, which was disappointing. I guess I understand that, since the show had always been set in CA. Nevertheless, it would have been nice if the scenery actually looked a little like Seattle, or the buses didn't just say "Metro" on them.

Oh well. On a side note, this is undoubtedly my least-favorite season of Weeds thus far, but again I'm behind by about 4 or 5 episodes. I might now have to avoid this thread so as not to learn anything that will ruin the upcoming episodes for me.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:42 AM

328 posts, read 839,351 times
Most shows that have scenes set in Seattle are actually filmed in Vancouver. I'm always amused when scenes are so obviously Vancouver but it's being passed off as Seattle.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:55 AM

57 posts, read 112,332 times
Weeds has gone way down hill ever since they diverted away from their original concept from season 1. I'd say that was about when the burned down the little town and started making it more about Mexican drug cartels than growing weed. The show just needs to end now.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromGA View Post
Weeds has gone way down hill ever since they diverted away from their original concept from season 1. I'd say that was about when the burned down the little town and started making it more about Mexican drug cartels than growing weed. The show just needs to end now.
I think I agree with you. Not to mention the fact that Elisabeth Perkins is gone now, which is just a shame.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:41 PM

1,292 posts, read 4,705,441 times
Can someone tell me if the Paramount Theatre in Seattle, are floor seats FLAT or INCLINED? I am going to the Video Games Live event in Seattle next year and I have never been to the west coast before. Does anyone here know if the Paramount Theatre in Seattle have seats that are kinda on a slope or are they flat? I know last time I went to a show not in seattle though) I had floor seats and the entire floor was flat, people had signs and it was a waste, could not see anything. For a concert what seating do you advise for the Paramount Theatre in Seattle? Why is their site down I can't get a chart or anything.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:47 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders15 View Post
Can someone tell me if the Paramount Theatre in Seattle, are floor seats FLAT or INCLINED? I am going to the Video Games Live event in Seattle next year and I have never been to the west coast before. Does anyone here know if the Paramount Theatre in Seattle have seats that are kinda on a slope or are they flat? I know last time I went to a show not in seattle though) I had floor seats and the entire floor was flat, people had signs and it was a waste, could not see anything. For a concert what seating do you advise for the Paramount Theatre in Seattle? Why is their site down I can't get a chart or anything.
If I remember correctly, the Paramount has traditional theatre seating, which is not flat.
STG Presents Seattle > The Paramount Theatre > Seating Charts

Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 AM

807 posts, read 2,258,559 times
Just got back from NYC. Never saw many bums and stuff the last few times I went, but after this time I would say they're just about on par with Seattle. Lots of beggars on the subways (don't see that on the LINK here). Will stop complaining about Seattle bummage from this point on.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Hall of Fame broadcaster Dave Niehaus dies

Very sad news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area