Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 01:45 AM

3 posts, read 9,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Why does everyone say that? What's wrong with 99?
Well, for starters there are lots of seedy, questionable motels and hotels along that strip, plus the hookers and pawn shops which can be found along Aurora Ave / HWY 99, and the other aspects that most conscientious people avoid. At least that's what I've heard about it.

It may not be as bad these days, but I've only heard about it and haven't seen it in person yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 01:57 AM

3 posts, read 9,915 times
Default Can't go wrong with Mountlake Terrace!

After looking into apartments for a whole hour in Mountlake Terrace, the beauty and proximity of Mountlake Terrace to pretty much everything made me choose to live there above all other suburbs. Granted, I didn't have much choice as I didn't want to live clear up in Everett or Lynnwood.

Shoreline was an option I was considering, but it seemed like Mountlake Terrace was a bit more permeated by nature. To me, it's like having the benefits of living in a small city blended together with the proximity of several larger cities, including Seattle. Perfect weather (for me anyway), perfect location, reasonable housing / rental prices, etc. make MLT a wise choice for a suburb. Plenty of parks, recreation, and it has its own transit center.

If you like the North Seattle suburbs, MLT is a great place to start if you want to live up there.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:45 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,136,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjheq View Post
Hello. My husband & I just moved from Washington DC to Shoreline, WA a couple weeks ago and we're in the process of looking for a house. My question is where is the best place (nice, clean & safe neighborhood) to buy a house that's not too far from downtown Seattle? I prefer to be close to the freeways and far from HWY 99/Aurora. I like Bothell but it might be getting too far from downtown. I really like Lynnwood but I also want to consider other places like Northgate, Tukwila and Burien. Any comments about those places?

THANKS in advance!
So, what's wrong with Shoreline? Seems like a good, nearby 'burb. Personally I would much prefer it to Lynnwood.
Then there is Lake Forest Park, Edmonds, Innes Arden, Woodway Park, Richmond Beach, Kenmore, and Lake City. South of Seattle there is Lake Forest Park, Des Moines, Kent, Seaview. and West Seattle. All have nice homes. Pay them all a visit. On Sundays, go to open houses in those areas or go to a real estate company, one of their agents would be more then glad to show you homes in those areas. Just tell them what kind of a home you are looking for. Windemere Real Estate would be a good choice.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:32 AM

253 posts, read 571,891 times
While I'm deployed my wife has moved in with her brother and his family in Burien. From yesterday's email:

I'm really enjoying living in Burien again though. I'm really proud of this little town & some of the growth & development that they've done & are doing. You can really tell that they're trying to keep up with Seattle. There's a super cute little downtown area with a brew-pub & a wine cafe. A brand new fancy library. Public artwork. Some new retail shops with condos above. The park & ride has gotten a facelift & a new parking garage!

When I think about moving away from Burien & not being able to go on my run down to the beach it kinda bums me out.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:40 PM

96 posts, read 281,932 times
I live in Issaquah. The schools are great, and it's very safe around here, but the housing is expensive. My friends are raising a kid in Newcastle and those schools are really good. It's about 15 minutes from downtown Seattle (25-30 on a slow traffic day, an hour in rush hour). It's also close to Bellevue so you get the best of both worlds. The traffic is a lot better here on top of everything else. I see the traffic up north and it's just a nightmare. I would never want to live there.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,653 times
Folks,
I want to move to Washington but not sure what area has good schools and the housing price is not so high. I live in Irvine, CA now which is so expensive. I am raising two sons and it is so important to raise them in a drug free environment. Thanks

Old 10-11-2013, 05:40 PM

265 posts, read 1,074,774 times
Try Bothell.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:36 PM

11 posts, read 15,033 times
Eastside is like paradise comparing to Seattle and South side. My order is Bellevue, Redmond, Sammamish, Kirkland, Mercer Island. Maple Valley is bit far but price is lower. My favorite is Bellevue, but north Bellevue does not have many listings.
Stop thinking about South like Tacoma etc. horrible

Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,597,295 times
Bellevue by a longshot.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,918,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_wa View Post
Eastside is like paradise comparing to Seattle and South side. My order is Bellevue, Redmond, Sammamish, Kirkland, Mercer Island. Maple Valley is bit far but price is lower. My favorite is Bellevue, but north Bellevue does not have many listings.
Stop thinking about South like Tacoma etc. horrible
Curious that this poster has such strong feelings against anything Seattle and is such a Bellevue pumper. His/her first post on C-D four days ago states they have just moved to Seattle from another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area