Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

I am not getting involved in this "bad Californian's" mess. I come from Edmonds, I've heard this argument for years. I don't care about Seattle for living, I'll never be able to afford living there. I love it, though, it's my birth city. So I don't put Seattle down to anybody.

Rotse - your pic above is beautiful. The mid-MO job wants to talk this morning, I'll learn if they'll compromise and pay me more hours for more work. I won't do that job under their current terms.

The Colville job is still available and I should know more in a week or so on that one. The Tucson job is not hiring until June. Why did I just do another run-down of my current job status? Because of Rotse's picture above. If I were to go to work in Colville, I could be in places like that after a relatively short drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 10:38 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Are you lobbying for moving to Deer Park, Dutchess? A former Manager of mine from a job I left in Arizona is now retired and lives in tiny Elk, WA. In that same area north of Spokane, not far from the Idaho border

We've lived in Coeur d'Alene before. Nice little city, tough, mean employees and employers. Would be better ta be retired first ta live there again, ta be brutally honest. Workplaces are like open battlegrounds.
Well, I think I forgot to say so here but since the last I mentioned it F's nursing school was cancelled and pushed back YET AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!

I want to Rodeo and pattern out barrel horses one last time and we can afford it out there but F is so angry ( and I had a complete meltdown in the car again Friday- we left 90 minutes early for a Dr's appt and STILL MISSED IT 7 MILES AWAY due to the traffic ) about the 4-5 times this has been pushed back that he says if this last time doesn't work out he will go to Lockheed direct and out of here completely . No more contract work . So Deer Park is just a dream really .

This has got to be the strangest mess I have ever gotten into . Like EVER . I am walking to the Dr next Friday and that will be thru Lakewood . No bus where I live until I am halfway there anyway .

Old 04-24-2017, 11:59 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Well, I think I forgot to say so here but since the last I mentioned it F's nursing school was cancelled and pushed back YET AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!

I want to Rodeo and pattern out barrel horses one last time and we can afford it out there but F is so angry ( and I had a complete meltdown in the car again Friday- we left 90 minutes early for a Dr's appt and STILL MISSED IT 7 MILES AWAY due to the traffic ) about the 4-5 times this has been pushed back that he says if this last time doesn't work out he will go to Lockheed direct and out of here completely . No more contract work . So Deer Park is just a dream really .

This has got to be the strangest mess I have ever gotten into . Like EVER . I am walking to the Dr next Friday and that will be thru Lakewood . No bus where I live until I am halfway there anyway .

Sounds like you're on top of it, Dutchess. Keep working with your situation, however frustrating. I just talked to the mid-MO boss earlier today. He did a good job patching it up and he agrees to allow a certain amount of hours for a certain amount of work done. I just won't work another job where I can't ever live it to their demands. As it turns out, he's bending over backwards to make this job work. He'll work around our Spiritual meetings. Et all.

Cool. Keep your head up, Dutchess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area