Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:07 PM

229 posts, read 293,870 times

Advertisements

I wonder what happens to all those people who are convinced that the apocalypse is right around the corner and then when enough time passes but nothing actually happens, you can never find those people

you're yet another batch of crazy people who have always had 'theories' whatever year it may be.

yeah, the dollar may be worth less and our economy may never recover to its prime. fine, that's reasonable but the insane theories most of you are describing on this forum are just stupid.
some of you think america will become a third world nation overnight because all of the sudden China(who owns absolutely everything) will demand their money back and surely that will trigger an nationwide chaos. The streets will be full of looters running around, breaking into houses trying to snatch whatever still holds value. at that point, government is powerless and it's everyone for themselves. fortunately, you've been waiting for this moment for a long time and you've spent many SSI checks on your extensive gun collection and construction materials for your underground bunkers. you're already ahead of your liberal neighbors who had never thought it would ever come to this. in this new world, you are in power. unfortunately none of this will last very long as Russians knew this would happen and three days later into the apocalypse, they will launch several nuclear missiles to our population centers thus creating a nuclear holocaust.
as you can imagine, everyone is a zombie by then just as this forum predicted....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,631,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_a_lawyer View Post
I wonder what happens to all those people who are convinced that the apocalypse is right around the corner and then when enough time passes but nothing actually happens, you can never find those people

you're yet another batch of crazy people who have always had 'theories' whatever year it may be.

yeah, the dollar may be worth less and our economy may never recover to its prime. fine, that's reasonable but the insane theories most of you are describing on this forum are just stupid.
some of you think america will become a third world nation overnight because all of the sudden China(who owns absolutely everything) will demand their money back and surely that will trigger an nationwide chaos. The streets will be full of looters running around, breaking into houses trying to snatch whatever still holds value. at that point, government is powerless and it's everyone for themselves. fortunately, you've been waiting for this moment for a long time and you've spent many SSI checks on your extensive gun collection and construction materials for your underground bunkers. you're already ahead of your liberal neighbors who had never thought it would ever come to this. in this new world, you are in power. unfortunately none of this will last very long as Russians knew this would happen and three days later into the apocalypse, they will launch several nuclear missiles to our population centers thus creating a nuclear holocaust.
as you can imagine, everyone is a zombie by then just as this forum predicted....
I hope you are right. If not, don't come calling.

Also, the burden of proof, my lawyer friend (assuming you can believe in that), lies upon you in this situation. You have come to our burning house to convince us to just chill out and sit on the couch. You've stormed in with your bluster but no evidence.

Exhibit A: Lawyer full of wind.

What makes you assume that we are all conservatives? Can you conceive of another term for systemic collapse than "apocalypse?" If you decide on that word, then I have to (in turn) assume that you have read the Book of Revelations. Would you care to disarm our concerns regarding scriptural analogy to current events?

Last edited by nico7; 02-25-2011 at 10:19 PM..

Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 PM

55 posts, read 110,298 times
Default Hey, buzz-kill

I can imagine you sayin that in one breath, bulging vein and all.

Am I close ?

X

Old 02-25-2011, 10:45 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
I guess time will tell. I read this section for amusement. Personally I'd rather not live through chaos and destruction! What's the reward? To be the last one standing?

First of all, I doubt it's possible in today's complex society for anyone to be truly self sufficient. And even if you are, then what? You're barricaded on your farm forever? That doesn't sound like much of a life to me, sorry!

I live in L.A., and if something really bad happens, it's all over for the law-abiding citizens. I'm aware of that, but I'm not going to become like the rampaging masses. I live in an apartment that could easily be broken into, but I'd rather enjoy the life I have now than worry about what could happen in the future.

Stocking up on canned food in case of an earthquake or other natural disaster makes perfect sense, but the stockpiling of guns, etc... No thanks! After all, no one gets out of this alive, right?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 PM

817 posts, read 2,189,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
Also, the burden of proof, my lawyer friend (assuming you can believe in that), lies upon you in this situation. You have come to our burning house to convince us to just chill out and sit on the couch. You've stormed in with your bluster but no evidence.

Exhibit A: Lawyer full of wind.
Bwahahahahaha!!!! Aren't they all?

Aside from the nuke and zombie predictions (which was a JOKE, for you humorless libs that refuse to get it) we can provide factual evidence and lots of charts to support our fears of collapse, lawyer man. Where's yours?

In the "Collapse" thread, I asked 3 others like you to provide us with some evidence to support their opinion that there wasn't going to be any kind of collapse. Care to guess who left the thread then?

As I recall, in that thread you showed up late, after the other trolls were MIA, and said "nothing's going to happen." So show us something other than denial and a complete ignorance of recent economic and financial news. We'll wait right here while you look for it.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:36 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,224,121 times
Yeah, we're all crazy here.

Crazy like a fox.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:03 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,700,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free View Post
Bwahahahahaha!!!! Aren't they all?

Aside from the nuke and zombie predictions (which was a JOKE, for you humorless libs that refuse to get it) we can provide factual evidence and lots of charts to support our fears of collapse, lawyer man. Where's yours?

In the "Collapse" thread, I asked 3 others like you to provide us with some evidence to support their opinion that there wasn't going to be any kind of collapse. Care to guess who left the thread then?

As I recall, in that thread you showed up late, after the other trolls were MIA, and said "nothing's going to happen." So show us something other than denial and a complete ignorance of recent economic and financial news. We'll wait right here while you look for it.

What is a humorless lib that you keep talking about? I thought I was totally up on the lingo, but, it appears not Thanking you in advance my sweets.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:39 AM

817 posts, read 2,189,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
What is a humorless lib that you keep talking about? I thought I was totally up on the lingo, but, it appears not Thanking you in advance my sweets.
Holy cow. I hope you're drunk or something.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:15 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,277,537 times
Quote:

You know when someone posts something like this it always makes me question what exactly it is that they're trying to do.

I mean, if someone wants to spend their disposable income on a flat panel, or a Nakamichi audio system or a Bugatti, who am I to question it. Yet here we are in a forum specifically created for SS&P and here's a poster who wants to question quite angrily what it is that we're doing with said disposable income.

It's the angrily bit that I find confusing, you see, if someone thinks someone else is crazy normally the response you get isn't anger, it's ok well they're crazy, of course they're going to be talking about meeting John Lennon, Benjamin Franklin, Agamemnon, and Isaac Azimov at a party in Spokane Washington. You certainly don't get angry about it, that's unexpected, unless there's an aspect of fear, either they're afraid of the subjects being discussed, or the people discussing the subjects. Maybe the issue isn't that we're crazy, its that there's enough that rings true in the discussions here that scares the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I guess time will tell. I read this section for amusement. Personally I'd rather not live through chaos and destruction! What's the reward? To be the last one standing?
The aim isn't to be the last one standing, it's to make sure your family friends and loved ones come through any problems. Choosing to do nothing about particular aspects is a choice, if you have someone else who may be depending on you, just try to make sure you're choosing wisely

Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:

the sheep always think that nothing bad will happen, right up until the time that the wolf is planning on having the sheep for dinner.

you sir are one of the sheep, or a goverment plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness