Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

This was a topic last night on Coast To Coast AM with George Noori. His guest and he discussed the apparent increase of agitation of people and all the unrest that is going on, especially in the middle east. Has anybody else noticed that? I'm seeing a lot more local domestic homicides which might be do to the bad economy and also an increase in urban violence and crime.
The protests in the middle east seem to have just come from nowhere. There is always middle east unrest but until now most of it has been channeled towards the west and not inwards( where it does belong).
So is it something in the water,air, food, magnetic fields messing with peoples brains or what? Are people just getting stressed out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,814 times
I firmly believe at my age (51) that I have seen enough of the '60s, '70s, '80s, etc. where life was good for so many, simpler, and over the past 15 years or so (the internet age), people could obtain almost anything they wanted: electronics, sex, bigger homes, multiple cars, lavish vacations, etc. Now, there is sensory overload. Too much of a good thing. Now that we've had to cut back on life's pleasures, people are depressed after being so spoiled for, in some cases, their entire lives.

The situation in other countries is unrelated. They are trying to throw off oppressive muslim regimes and that is wayyyy overdue. The masses, women especially, need to fight for their lives and crush their oppressors. Maybe our angry population in this country could use some of their aggression to help them out.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 AM

817 posts, read 2,189,041 times
Did George or his guest happen to mention that, regardless of the misery middle easterners have lived in forever, they didn't openly protest until we exported some of our inflation to them and they couldn't afford their food anymore? There was quite a few crop failures in the past couple years too, which made greedy investors drive the price of commodities even higher.

It's hunger messing with their brains. It didn't come from nowhere, it was expected. I was reading warnings about it on financial forums last year. Watch for unrest in Asia soon too. And if food stamps don't keep pace with food inflation, you might even see some unrest here. Hungry people have short fuses.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:36 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
**Are People Becoming Nasty/ Agitated/ Crazy?**

Yes they are. In many cases, it's due to spoiled children no longer having what they've come to see as granted and "their right." But in the greater number of cases, it's too many folks putting way to much zealous faith in our technology and our gadgets and our Rube Goldberg supply system. There is a huge price to pay for a globally interdependent and technology-dependent system of food/provision supply. I'd conjecture that we will be finding out what the price is sooner or later. My opinion is that those who are more dependent on themselves and their local communities for essentials (and have fairly independent communities) will have a distinct advantage as the global community continues its decent into hell. Of course, the global community will eventually consume the more independent-minded hinterlands. But, hopefully, the clock will tick a bit longer before that happens.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:09 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'd conjecture that we will be finding out what the price is sooner or later. My opinion is that those who are more dependent on themselves and their local communities for essentials (and have fairly independent communities) will have a distinct advantage as the global community continues its decent into hell.
On a very subliminal level, the "great unwashed masses" are beginning to understand what we are about to fall into. They don't quite believe it, at least not in front of family and friends, but they feel close enough to it to sniff the scent of fear. Americans tend to be very US-centric, and never imagine that what they have seen on their big-screen TV's, of what has been going on in Greece, Spain, Egypt, and Bahrain, will be coming soon to a theatre near them.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:34 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,972 times
I generally agree that unrest in the Middle East is growing. I also see the development of unrest and frustration in the European Community, though for entirely different reasons. I don't yet agree that it will spread everywhere.

In the good ol' US of A, most of the so-called unrest and discontent is coming from a small segment of the overall population. In my personal opinion ONLY, they're attempting to foment anger and revolution based purely on their (clearly minority) political opinions and preferences. Again IMO, they're doing this without regard to what the "voice of the ballot box" has been saying.

That's their right, of course. But I think they really need to wake up and smell the coffee. They need to take a good, hard and objective look at what's going on in the world beyond the US borders, and learn from that.

In short, and again IMO, they need to take a cold, hard look at reality, instead of hiding their eyes in the blatant bullsh*t their party political pundits have been feeding them on a daily basis.

But that's just my opinion and, as we all know, opinions are like noses -- everybody's got one, and most of 'em smell.

We now return you to the regularly-scheduled thread.

-- Nighteyes

Old 02-17-2011, 03:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
So back to the question at hand:

Does magnetic pole shift have the ability to change our behavior, feelings, and general mood? We've already witnessed that it has the ability to destroy fish and bird migration so is it arrogant to believe it cannot also affect human behavior?

Magnetic pole shift happens with some regularity does it not? Or are those shifts temporary and is this one something on a greater scale?

Old 02-17-2011, 04:51 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
Do you think that we just believe that people are more agitated though because we have so much more access to media. In earlier times we never would have known or been able to see so much of what was going on in other countries so we had an out of sight out of mind mentality. The media also shows only bad things. If the news showed the masses and throngs of people that woke up and went to work and had a pretty ok day wouldn't it make you feel very different than seeing unrest and protests on TV

Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 PM

229 posts, read 439,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So back to the question at hand:

Does magnetic pole shift have the ability to change our behavior, feelings, and general mood? We've already witnessed that it has the ability to destroy fish and bird migration so is it arrogant to believe it cannot also affect human behavior?

Magnetic pole shift happens with some regularity does it not? Or are those shifts temporary and is this one something on a greater scale?
Have you ever felt the charge in the air before a thunderstorm? Or noticed the calm that occurs after the storm has passed?

IMO, the magnetic pole shift could be/is having an influence. This is something that occurs every 50,000 years or so, and from my reading. I think we are overdue.

If you follow the astrological movements of planetary bodies and look at the influences between them you might also see some correlation to the events that are playing out on a world wide scale.

Sun spot activity has increased over the last ten years and won't peak for about two more. Sun spots add more electro-magnetic energy to the mix. Have you walked past a highly charged panel box in a maintenance area and had the hair on your arms stand up?

To those outside influences that we can't change, add in the penchant many of our pundits have for pouring the Haterade and encouraging all to take a healthy swig.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollykoko View Post
Have you ever felt the charge in the air before a thunderstorm? Or noticed the calm that occurs after the storm has passed?

IMO, the magnetic pole shift could be/is having an influence. This is something that occurs every 50,000 years or so, and from my reading. I think we are overdue.

If you follow the astrological movements of planetary bodies and look at the influences between them you might also see some correlation to the events that are playing out on a world wide scale.

Sun spot activity has increased over the last ten years and won't peak for about two more. Sun spots add more electro-magnetic energy to the mix. Have you walked past a highly charged panel box in a maintenance area and had the hair on your arms stand up?

To those outside influences that we can't change, add in the penchant many of our pundits have for pouring the Haterade and encouraging all to take a healthy swig.
Yes, I do know what you mean about the charge in the air during thunderstorms. I do believe this magnetic pole shift may have a real influence on our behavior as it has the birds, fish and sea mammals. I see I am not alone. Thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness