Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:55 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,691,736 times

Advertisements

A link to 25 of the flyers being disseminated to your local feed supply, military surplus, gun dealers, and other stores and service providers:

FBI “Communities Against Terrorism” Suspicious Activity Reporting Flyers | Public Intelligence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 03:40 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
A link to 25 of the flyers being disseminated to your local feed supply, military surplus, gun dealers, and other stores and service providers:

FBI “Communities Against Terrorism” Suspicious Activity Reporting Flyers | Public Intelligence

seriously? probably not. but I would not doubt it if someone thinks so. after all have stored about 2-3 tons of rice and other foodstuffs in the last few years. plus all the ammo, firearms and other supplies needed as well. my local firearms store does not take the fed warning to heart, if he did he would run out of customers quite fast.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:16 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,691,736 times
I have heard stories (from Oathkeepers and on other sites) about what the FBI has been handing out to military surplus and gun stores for over a year, but I just got the link for them. I thought folks on here might find them interesting. One thing I see repeated is "new" or "unfamiliar" people who pay in cash... if you haven't moved to your homestead yet, these might be a few things to bear in mind when you start going to your local stores for supplies.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:40 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
I have heard stories (from Oathkeepers and on other sites) about what the FBI has been handing out to military surplus and gun stores for over a year, but I just got the link for them. I thought folks on here might find them interesting. One thing I see repeated is "new" or "unfamiliar" people who pay in cash... if you haven't moved to your homestead yet, these might be a few things to bear in mind when you start going to your local stores for supplies.

I always pay in cash, and 1 of the dealers I use gives a 25% discount on any ammo and firearms if I pay in gold or silver.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
HAHAHAHAHAH nope we're in the same cell!!!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 05:17 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,673 times
I guess the gubment thinks most people who shop at Costco and Wal-Mart are now terrorists?!?!

Old 02-20-2012, 03:15 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,950,199 times
I guess I must be making peroxide explosives and just not know it!! I use heavy duty peroxide for water treatment instead of chlorine and often get more than a gallon at a time. Good thing the spa guy I buy from thinks the Feds are retarded. It's not unheard of for me to buy large quantities of citric acid and fuel/heat tabs at the same time and at the same store... usually in the fall when I'm doing my canning and prepping for winter, with cash after getting my PFD check.

Seriously... anyone who lives in the boonies (especially in AK) is going to exhibit most of the "suspicious" activities... we stock up when things are on sale out of season, we stock large quantities for long periods when we might not be able to get into town, we don't always have a specific need for something right then but know we'll probably need it for one or more projects next season, we often buy barrels when others buy cans. And we might even be driving a rental and dropping stuff off in a storage room during our supply trip if we have to FLY or BARGE supplies to our homesteads.

And our trips into town are so infrequent that it's likely a good portion of the sales staff in a store will be new or won't remember me from the last time I was in... so I'd be all new and suspicious. Guess I'm going to have to make it a point to get friendly with the owners and convince them to issue me a "known customer" card... oh wait, that's suspicious behavior too!! EEEEEK

Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
I read the electronics store flyer - apparently I should be considered a terrorist because in the course of building certain electronic devices that I design - I purchase in "combination" electronic timers, batteries, switches, and wire and soldering materials.

Tyranny is upon us - we are now encouraged to report our neighbors for "suspicious activity" and anyone can report another for "terrorist" activity and they will be imprisoned indefinitely without the right of habeus corpus.

I think if we do not take seriously the attacks on our liberty, the United States of America will be non-existant in 100 years.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us" - Walt Kelly

Old 02-21-2012, 12:53 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,991 times
Quote:

Oh snap ! I visit the beauty supply every week...sometimes I only buy chemicals...I buy storage, gloves and peroxide all in the same visit too...not only that, but I also change the shape of my eyebrows, my clothes, and hair color frequently...Ahhhhh, I'm screwed !!

Old 02-21-2012, 01:12 AM

4,731 posts, read 9,950,199 times
Good Golly, I'm also apparently making ANFO explosives all winter because I buy a yard of high N fertilizer and several drums of heating oil every fall. I better make sure I don't stop by the fuel depot right after I've been to the garden & feed store then!!!

I just love that these flyers kinda sorta serve as a nice primer for anyone who might actually be thinking to make/build any of these items.... bet they didn't consider that. I mean, it's not step-by-step, but it's certainly enough information to give a person a good place to start. F'ing Idjits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness