Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:45 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
really? even I have heard of them and I don't even live in the USA.
You hear about them an extra special amount about every four years in the US.

It's a cyclical rumor that has been around for a few decades or more....unlike say "the government is buying all the ammo" stuff which kinda cropped up and is now finally dying down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 06:57 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,603,907 times
something akin to the "it'll never happen" I keep hearing some people say?

Old 07-20-2015, 11:03 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,676 times
FEMA is a assistance organization for disasters having supplies stored in strategic locations aimed at log- ical distribution of emergent supplies including emergent food . 1 billion worth of food purchased in late 2013. There are disasters many lay people cannot wrap their brains around due to ignorance, lack of interest in bad things, lack of indebth communication from FEMA relegating us to the History Channel for babies in disasters. FEMA earlier got white knuckled over SARS as pandemic, then The New Madrid earthquake potential that would alter US topography. Then Yellowstone ahhhh Yellowstone. that have for white eyeglass wearing Lutherans amazing over the steam coming up from the largest molten lava culdera in the world ( hilarious). This volcano is capable of changing our lives and is bulging.....bulging. ( never mind).............bulging.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:23 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,632,784 times
Quote:
Troll much?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:43 PM

990 posts, read 2,557,930 times
Tin foil seems a might snug today.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,306,326 times
We are all already inside the FEMA camp . It's called the USA. No need for bars or fences.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:52 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
FEMA is a assistance organization for disasters having supplies stored in strategic locations aimed at log- ical distribution of emergent supplies including emergent food . 1 billion worth of food purchased in late 2013. There are disasters many lay people cannot wrap their brains around due to ignorance, lack of interest in bad things, lack of indebth communication from FEMA relegating us to the History Channel for babies in disasters. FEMA earlier got white knuckled over SARS as pandemic, then The New Madrid earthquake potential that would alter US topography. Then Yellowstone ahhhh Yellowstone. that have for white eyeglass wearing Lutherans amazing over the steam coming up from the largest molten lava culdera in the world ( hilarious). This volcano is capable of changing our lives and is bulging.....bulging. ( never mind).............bulging.
$1 billion in 2013. A quick google search finds dozens of stories dating from 2011 saying the same thing. So I went to the FEMA website and pulled their budget https://www.fema.gov/pdf/about/budge...fy2013_bib.pdf

Check out page 10, where they have a line item for $1 billion in Emergency Food and Shelter, and this is an annual appropriation.

I think it important to note the "and Shelter" operation of this line item. I also looked at the FEMA page for the Texas flood relief. https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4223#tabs-1 That is $35 million in shelter aid for this one event. Not including food.

In a nutshell, sounds like FEMA is doing their job. Good for them. No need to get your panties in a twist.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
Troll much?
your a fine one to talk.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:14 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Yeah, let's just agree to say it's just incredibly unlikely but not impossible like England winning the World Cup again.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, let's just agree to say it's just incredibly unlikely but not impossible like England winning the World Cup again.

I don't follow football or as you'd say...soccer, its a sport for nancies these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness