Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:08 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,494,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Infanticide is the oldest form of birth control and is still practiced today.
You know as well as I do, that this will not be practiced widely by young, brain-washed, "tolerant" girls...just as it hasn't stopped mulatto children from being raised in the US.

And guaranteed, the price and availability of birth control and abortions will be affected, so as to prevent their widespread use among the European whites. Coming soon to the EU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 05:27 AM

5,408 posts, read 3,606,441 times
Quote:
People should have heeded Enoch Powell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_of_Blood_speech
some of us did.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:05 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,066,081 times
The answers to any of the concerns of aftermaths are well-recorded in history!

My biggest worry would be the resurrection of a Red Guards anarchist type movement which swept China during the Cultural Revolution of the mid to late 60's!

Given the U.S. has always caved in to the powerful, lobbying lumber interests in this country, and how quickly and easy it would be to burn down this country on any windy night, the rebuilding task would be monumental!

Old 05-03-2016, 01:32 AM

I don't think you need to worry about Chinese Red Guards anymore, China is well on the way to being the biggest trade area in the world.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:47 AM

^With China's one child families, and the one, spoiled brat child, which they call the emperor, I don't these "emperor's" would even have the strength to wield a baseball bat!

If there were to be a resurrection of a Red Guard type movement, anywhere in the world, that would take lots of youth, and with the aging population in so many parts of the world, that's unlikely to happen.

Now! Arson! It doesn't take much strength to pull that one off!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 AM

if you regularly watched the foreign news you would know that China has relaxed its one child rule.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
if you regularly watched the foreign news you would know that China has relaxed its one child rule.
And? Child rule relaxed, they then polled mothers in China if they'd be interested in having a 2nd child, and 70% said No!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:54 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,025,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagardener View Post
History is written by the winners and/or survivors so make sure you end up on the right side. But the most important object is staying alive. Better to ask forgiveness than permission in other words.

Civilizations and countries have bitten the dust over and over again and continue to do so in our time. You just need to read the news about countries whose people are now refugees. We think we are so much smarter than other people but many intelligent people could not prevent what happened when Hitler invaded their country or ISIS or African warlords. I know of people in Asian countries who own US property in case they need to get out of trouble fast. These are not millionaires just people who have seen things happen in the past, maybe to their grandparents, and they are prepared. Millionaires have homes in many "safe" countries but the US is the preferred country due to our great democracy (not being sarcastic I believe we have a great country).

If you are living in a questionable neighborhood move NOW. If you are a minority (I include your political party in that term) in the state you live move to a place where you are in the mainstream. There is safety in numbers if you are the same bird with the same feathers.

A weather event such as Hurricane Katrina is 100 times more likely than a zombie invasion. If you are prepared to fend for yourself with no power, no water, etc you are at the head of the class when/if the network fails temporarily. If you aren't living paycheck to paycheck you are also far ahead of other people. If you have survival skills such as hunting, gardening, beer brewing, beekeeping, food preservation you are a winner already. And if your children are learning these skills bravo. If they don't sign them up for the Boy and Girl Scouts where they can learn skills.

Having skills in many areas is always a good thing. Knowing how to swim for example even if you live far from the lake or ocean. Having skills makes you more self-confident and less fearful of the unknown.

I went through a minor hurricane in Florida 9 years ago and was out of power for 5 days (neighbors got theirs on sooner). We discovered how poorly the county's information system was, no news on the radio for example and we had no power for TV or internet. No functional toilets because the local sewer lift station was electric powered. We found out how little neighborliness there was and decided that we didn't want to live in that area any more. Glad we learned a lesson with little impact to us.

Look around your neighborhood and city. Are they prepared? If the fire department is volunteer you won't have a fire department to rely on. What is the average age? If they are older YOU will be the one they want to help THEM.
Are they poor? They can't afford to help you.

You get the idea.
One of the main things that I try to prepare for is hurricanes. I live in North Carolina, and while we don't deal with as many hurricanes at Floridians do, they are an issue here. I remember going without power for over 2 weeks when I was a child, during Hurricane Fran. As an adult, Hurricane Irene left us without power for 5 days. We haven't really had any major hurricanes in the past few years, but I know that there is always the possibility. Preparing for that alone makes prepping worth it.

I agree about neighborliness. Luckily, our neighbor is actually a prepper...he's an older man who was a POW in Vietnam, and he's actually a bit nutty about it, but in a good-natured way. He has his ways of prepping for things, and so do we. We are pretty friendly with one another, so I definitely think we could band together in a bad situation. It does provide some sense of comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
You know as well as I do, that this will not be practiced widely by young, brain-washed, "tolerant" girls...just as it hasn't stopped mulatto children from being raised in the US.

And guaranteed, the price and availability of birth control and abortions will be affected, so as to prevent their widespread use among the European whites. Coming soon to the EU!
What an awful thing to say.

That said, I still thing the best form of birth control is the "pull out" method, but only if you're with someone you can trust and who is responsible. Obviously, a lot of chicks can't say that.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:16 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,494,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
What an awful thing to say.
I assume this ^^ refers to the following, which is simply stating the truth, no judgment being made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
...just as it hasn't stopped mulatto children from being raised in the US.
...which was a reply to this, which really IS an "awful thing to say":

Quote:
Infanticide is the oldest form of birth control and is still practiced today.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:50 AM

in the old days, people used pigs intestines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness