Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 03:26 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Then you don't need to be aware of them.

Just chill.
Who is going to let me know when they are coming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 03:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
I just stumbled upon this particular forum. I'm just confused on whom you think we are supposed to be preparing to fight against. Is it the government? If so, which part? Is it specific racial groups? It doesn't seem to be very clear what, exactly, you think the threat is and, when the shooting and bombing starts, whom we are supposed to kill. Who is exactly is threatening our way of life so much that we have to get ready for doomsday?

As a matter of fact, I'm not even sure who the "we" is who are supposed to be getting prepared.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:47 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Happy: Great post. I agree its worse today, simply because they are attacking the govt. the police themselves, and the authorities are not reacting. The 60's 70's protesters were bad, they'd throw rocks and bottles, but not setting up snipers to shoot police. That's almost civil war. Its almost like the govt. is apologizing for being there. And the media is useless. The first story I saw this morning failed to admit is was a BLM rally or that any of the suspects were black. Everyone is afraid to sound prejudiced or racist for pointing out the race of the people who are involved in crimes if they are a minority. Its a bad situation over all and I don't see any leadership moving to change the course of events. I'm not a preppier, but I also don't want to be near any groups of people that might be hazardous to my or my families health.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:00 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
^Summary: Everyone on here is a wannabe prepper, crazy kook who only buys survivalist junk and only is worried about zombies, aliens, conspiracies and fear. While I, yours truly, am the only enlightened, responsible, successful prepper here who actually preps for real things such as natural disasters and such. All of you other amateurs wear tin foil hats and don't get any.

Really? Give me a break and get over yourself.

Exactly right!!!

It amazes me how some folks can completely dismiss the current deficit, unemployment/underemployment of millions, drugs and the stoner zombies drugs create, lack of opportunity for our kids, the poor education system, the racial divisions fomented and encouraged by the current regime, illegal immigration, rioting, terrorism, (foreign and domestic), breakdown of equal protection/prosecution of the law, (see Hillary getting away with murder)and think that natural disasters are the only "real" threat.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:50 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,286 times
Quote:
Their identities will become obvious when they come for us. We will be ready. We already have more than "3%".

Please elaborate. I'm new to this thread, and am not a prepper, but recent events have got me rattled. I want to know more.

--

Old 07-09-2016, 10:22 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
You don't need to hunt down anybody, or know who they are. Their identities will become obvious when they come for us. We will be ready. We already have more than "3%".
We have two major groups:
[] Harmless productive people, versus
[] Harmful predatory people.

Boils down to “Victims” versus “Perpetrators.”

Victims have something wanted by perpetrators - property, liberty, or just plain labor.

The perpetrators want their own needs met by other people’s labor, property, or they wish to rule others - eradicating their liberty and freedom of action.

Perpetrators / Predators are among us, in various forms and disguises. In fact, it is common knowledge that the most vocal opponents of immorality, evil and vice are often covert practitioners. In short, they’re hiding their evil by mingling with the innocent as camouflage.

And it is more likely that predators will use innocent but useful idiots to do their fighting and conquering. It’s no fun being shot at!

Based on the mass media, we should expect the conflict between: the “left versus right”, “rich versus poor”, “unions versus corporations,” and “old versus young”. The left wing denounces the “greedy capitalist”. The right wing denounces the “spendthrift collectivist”.

Any group that can be used to foment a schism is fair game - illegal aliens, homosexuals, racial subgroups, and religions.

But they’re just ideological cannon fodder.

Who are on the roster for known predators?
[] Usurers - masters of money madness
[] Collectivists - slavers and thieves, using government as their instrumentality
[] Islam - A political system of totalitarianism masquerading as a religion

These three “teams” are almost mutually exclusive.
• Islam forbids usury, and is opposed to all other religions and governments.
• Collectivists abhor religions that teach “Thou shalt not steal” and are ideologically opposed to usurers (“capitalist bankers and corporations”).
• Usurers don’t care about religion or politics as long as they can “control” the money system, and take their skim via perpetual debt.

My “Skeptic” button is being pressed by the way people are being led to “join up” with various predatory groups, and not cooperate in the mutual defense of property rights from ALL predators.

I think “they” are planning a conflagration, and want YOU to take sides, and fight on “their” behalf.

Best Advice - if they have a war, don’t participate. You may have to establish yourself in a rural location, where you’re not likely to be of any strategic value, and wait it out.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:38 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Our country is so structured against violence/protests, which the French claim to be healthy for its citizens, I'd be completely surprised if it happened. Just look how they put an iron collar on the Occupation Wall Street protests. Look at how they contained the violence in the aftermath of Ferguson, MO! Good grief! All they were doing in St. Louis and Oakland, was closing down freeway exit ramps, and out comes the pepper spray!

If you notice the occasional protests/violence in France, like what's happening right now over there, the French government is much more tolerant of that kind of behavior. From what I've read, the French Gov't views it as therapeutic for its citizens.

That's the kind of attitude we need in this country! Let the protesters close down a freeway for a full day, for God's sakes! We'd survive it, a temporary halt to our workaholism in this country!
Well, well what a difference a month makes huh? Some of the protests last night got violent in a few cities. More is planned for tonight, it's being called "the weekend of rage".

Remember the foolish comments you made when Martial Law is enacted.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Nothing can ever, ever compare to the Watts Riots of 1965! Or the riots in Koreatown in reaction to the Rodney King verdict!

Just for a comparison!
I live in LA and we were under Martial Law for about 4 days. Such fun, you had to be in your house before it got dark. The supermarkets were low on food, never saw such long lines like that ever. The city was in a frenzy. People weren't stopping at red lights, it was surreal and scary.

What a foolish comment to say nothing can ever compare to the 1965 and 1992 riots here. How about several cities having riots at once? Kind of got a taste of that last night.

After the WTC bombing in 1993, some said what else could happen that could be worse, well we found on 9/11 didn't we?

You're very naïve to say the least.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:47 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Best Advice - if they have a war, don’t participate. You may have to establish yourself in a rural location, where you’re not likely to be of any strategic value, and wait it out.
^^^ You're right, this IS the best advice!

Old 07-09-2016, 08:39 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
When the SHTF, I just want to know whom I need to start killing.

if SHTF does happen, if you start killing indiscriminately, then you will have nobody but yourself to blame when someone takes you out.

best thing to do when SHTF is to lay low and bide your time. secure yourself and your home and ride most of it out.

but you should stop talking about taking people out like you are saying, it makes people here think that you are a government plant or a flaming troll of a liberal out to get a rise out of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness