Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 09:59 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times

Advertisements

Never said anything bad about the guy in the first place, and since you haven't seen Alone then you wouldn't know why I said what I did. The people on Alone start off with nothing-- that's why: no gun, no house, no wood waiting, no canoe ...

You don't need cable to watch Alone -- stream it. I haven't had cable in several years.

I enjoy watching people live off the land and make their own everything. I don't want to DO it, but happy knowing I could if I had to. Watched several other shows about people who do this to get away from ...everybody.

Oh.. and saw an ad yesterday that looks like the guys saran wrap house -- it's for sale on Amazon now for over $1000. There are also "igloo" houses/garden dome for sale at Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/12-Garden...RoCBPMQAvD_BwE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 10:33 AM

464 posts, read 286,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Never said anything bad about the guy in the first place, and since you haven't seen Alone then you wouldn't know why I said what I did. The people on Alone start off with nothing-- that's why: no gun, no house, no wood waiting, no canoe ...

You don't need cable to watch Alone -- stream it. I haven't had cable in several years.

I enjoy watching people live off the land and make their own everything. I don't want to DO it, but happy knowing I could if I had to. Watched several other shows about people who do this to get away from ...everybody.

Oh.. and saw an ad yesterday that looks like the guys saran wrap house -- it's for sale on Amazon now for over $1000. There are also "igloo" houses/garden dome for sale at Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/12-Garden...RoCBPMQAvD_BwE

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest they were the same type of show, one is a reality show with certain criteria, the other a documentary, mostly I was just trying to get the video in the thread, not make a point of controversy, I should have just posted the vid with no comment.

Those garden domes are pretty awesome, I hope condensation and out-gassing isn't a deal-breaker!

Just kidding, let's see if I can post a pic:

Here's the $1,000 one:

Very nice, I guess it's not such a crackpot notion after all, someone is going to sleep under the stars here.

"The Boy In The Bubble."

What will the neighbors say?!

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness