Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 09:43 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times

Advertisements

There are a myriad of "Prepper Channels" on YouTube. does anyone follow anyone in particular?

I have watched a few of the "Canadian Prepper" casts but there are a bunch more....some better than others....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 09:53 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
There are a myriad of "Prepper Channels" on YouTube. does anyone follow anyone in particular?

I have watched a few of the "Canadian Prepper" casts but there are a bunch more....some better than others....
Most if those channels with "Prepper" in the title seem to be trying to move merchandise.

I prefer subject specific YouTubes looking at the performance of solar cells or comparing battery performance.
There are some really good ones on raising, finding, harvesting and using wild plants as edibles and medicine.
There are also really good videos on running a homestead, choosing livestock and raising rabbits and fowl.

Good stuff on preserving food, building homes, root cellars, getting water, all sorts of great information.

Nearly all of the Prepper channels I've seen always have some equipment or foodstuffs that will ensure you survive the zombie apocalypse if you buy all their stuff.

I know the Canadian Prepper has his own online store for the stuff he promotes.

JMHO.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:24 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,884 times
My life is different than people in Canada. The Canadian Prepper videos that I have watched are OK. He knows enough to teach others so if he makes money doing that more power to him. He misses stuff though. Most people do, including myself.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:10 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Most if those channels with "Prepper" in the title seem to be trying to move merchandise.

I prefer subject specific YouTubes looking at the performance of solar cells or comparing battery performance.
There are some really good ones on raising, finding, harvesting and using wild plants as edibles and medicine.
There are also really good videos on running a homestead, choosing livestock and raising rabbits and fowl.

Good stuff on preserving food, building homes, root cellars, getting water, all sorts of great information.

Nearly all of the Prepper channels I've seen always have some equipment or foodstuffs that will ensure you survive the zombie apocalypse if you buy all their stuff.

JMHO.
Engineer 775 is pretty good regarding self sufficient engineering applications.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:35 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Not sure if they are prepper channels but I like some of the following;

In no order...

Warrior poet society
Nutnfancy project
Forward observer
Garandthumb
Bear independent
Viking preparedness
Tactical rifleman
Reid hendrichs
Mark my words
Full spectrum survival
T. Rex arms

Those are some that I rnjoy

Old 11-30-2019, 12:56 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Engineer 775 is pretty good regarding self sufficient engineering applications.
I'll have to check him out!

Thanks for the tip

Old 11-30-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post

JMHO.
exactly right. I am looking for more "how too" vids.

Old 11-30-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Not sure if they are prepper channels but I like some of the following;

In no order...

Warrior poet society
Nutnfancy project
Forward observer
Garandthumb
Bear independent
Viking preparedness
Tactical rifleman
Reid hendrichs
Mark my words
Full spectrum survival
T. Rex arms

Those are some that I rnjoy
I have watched a number of Forward Observer and Mark my words...

Old 11-30-2019, 09:13 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Justin Rhodes is a farmer/homesteader who has inspired a large group of 'copy cat' channels like Lumnah Acres, Sow the Land, and The Hollar Homestead. These are all very heavy on gardening and raising livestock. Justin Rhodes is especially informative.

For pure preparedness, Sootch / Sensible Prepper and his circle of Southern Prepper1, and Engineer775 and Skinny Medic, are all located in the NW corner of SC, and all specialize in a different branch of preparedness.

However, for pure viewing pleasure, you just can't beat Joe and Zach Survival (MN) and his other channel Northern Seclusion. I also love The Boss of the Swamp (NH). These are just the best of the best - preparedness, outdoor adventure, hunting, building, gardening, and off grid life. Both are likeable personalities, and their videos are full of action.

Old 12-01-2019, 05:52 AM

4,944 posts, read 3,316,689 times
The www.MrsSurvival.com has much useful information on the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness