Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 AM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times

Advertisements

They MIGHT start carrying Martha Stewart, it's in a court battle w/Macy's over the rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,339,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
They MIGHT start carrying Martha Stewart, it's in a court battle w/Macy's over the rights.
It's more like they "HOPE" they can carry Martha Stewart. The "Expert" that told me all this was bragging about JCP being so good now. I told him that I've started shopping at Kohl's now, and his response was that JCP has lowered their prices.

My response was this: Since I have a Kohl's credit card, I get coupons in the mail, and emailed to me for a pecentage off of a purchase. When I get a 30% off discount I use my card. I got a great deal on a new toaster during the holidays. A Black & Decker toaster that normally sells for $49.99 was on sale for $19.99, and I got a $10 rebate on it, making the total price $9.99. I asked him if JCP could top that, and he didn't answer.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM

19,531 posts, read 9,546,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I was in JCP the other day, just looking around. They've discontinued their St. John's Bay brand, which I really liked. They're putting in something called "Joe Fresh clothing," which I've never heard of. They're going to start carrying Martha Stewart items, and putting in Caribou Coffee Shops. I was told all of this by an employee walking by. His name tag had his first name on it, and his title was "Expert."
Caribou coffee shops, you say? Place where you can actually
stop, maybe sit down and get a cup of coffee to drink right there
NOT just buying a bag of coffee? That'll be the 1st for our mall

I liked the St John's Bay brand clothes too. Some JCP rep
told me the store bought out the name.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,376,685 times
Quote:
I was in JCP the other day, just looking around. They've discontinued their St. John's Bay brand, which I really liked. They're putting in something called "Joe Fresh clothing," which I've never heard of. They're going to start carrying Martha Stewart items, and putting in Caribou Coffee Shops. I was told all of this by an employee walking by. His name tag had his first name on it, and his title was "Expert."
Well...I may just go back for the Caribou Coffee!! I used to love that place when I lived in Suburban Chicago. No Caribou's where I live now.

Just read Cat's post. Yes, would have to be the cafe experience not just to buy a bag of coffee!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM

Martha Stewart Backtracks In Testimony About Macy's, J.C. Penney's Deals

Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
I know right?!?!?!?! I loved that brand for the t-shirts and sweaters...good solid quality items at a reasonable price. Now that they no longer sell them, there's hardly a reason for me to go to JCP. I haven't found anything comparable for the price.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Even though sales are down over 20% and customers are complaining the CEO of JC Penney's is adamant about not having sales or discounting prices breaking all rules of common sales marketing sense.

JC Penney Just Says No To The Status Quo With New Campaign | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce
Hope he has a nice golden parachute...hasta la vista baby.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
JCPenney is quietly eliminating more positions in its stores company-wide, sources familiar with the matter told us.
Store managers watched a "secret broadcast" on Tuesday afternoon, where they were informed that stores must prepare to "work harder with less" in 2013.

JCPenney Is Quietly Firing More Store Employees After A 'Secret Broadcast' - Yahoo! Finance

Typical and pathetic. The CEO & others at the top have destroyed Penney's and now the hourly workers will once again pay the price.

Johnson is going to make damn sure he leaves his sinking ship with a very large golden parachute. He's just another useless corporate parasite straining the lifeblood out of so many people's lives.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:10 PM

J.C. Penney Layoffs Hit 2,200 Employees As Sales Decline

Old 03-07-2013, 04:41 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Behind the scenes talk on Wall Street is that if this losing trend continues JC Penney may file for bankruptcy, especially if Macy's gets the upper hand and wins their lawsuit. That will cost JCP millions.
No one is happy with the new CEO as his leadership continues to lose tons of money and customers. What is this guy Johnson smokimg/thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products