Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:55 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,583,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Target food prices maybe a little more (cents) but it is alot better than Walmart!!!
I'll stick with my meat market and grocery store shopping. I'll keep Target for household items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 01:56 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
Nothing handy about it trust me!!!! but we couldnt beat the prices.
Some items are priced well,others not so much.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:56 PM

13,656 posts, read 20,797,030 times
I think it fascinating that Target largely escapes the wrath that plagues Walmart. They have managed to adopt a trendy image. I suspect much of their stuff is manufactured in China, not that I really care.

What do Walmart employees get paid? Surely its over the minimum, no? Does it take expertise to shake hands at the door, stock shelves or operate the cash register? Should their wages be equal to the lawyer, dentist or graphic designer? Why do people get huffy about their wages but not those at McDs, CVS or Walgreens? Certainly they are similiar.

If I am traveling and I see a Walmart, I might pop in. I procure my otc allergy tablets, light bulbs and other sundries for substantially cheaper than even CVS. Is that a bad thing? Should I want to spend more?

I'd never buy any clothes or furniture there though. Bunch of crap.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I think it fascinating that Target largely escapes the wrath that plagues Walmart. They have managed to adopt a trendy image. I suspect much of their stuff is manufactured in China, not that I really care.

What do Walmart employees get paid? Surely its over the minimum, no? Does it take expertise to shake hands at the door, stock shelves or operate the cash register? Should their wages be equal to the lawyer, dentist or graphic designer? Why do people get huffy about their wages but not those at McDs, CVS or Walgreens? Certainly they are similiar.

If I am traveling and I see a Walmart, I might pop in. I procure my otc allergy tablets, light bulbs and other sundries for substantially cheaper than even CVS. Is that a bad thing? Should I want to spend more?

I'd never buy any clothes or furniture there though. Bunch of crap.
Funny isn't it that Wally world is universally despised fo rtreating it's employees badly and other places who do the same escape any blame.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Some items are priced well,others not so much.
My husband and I did a test once, on month we bought two weeks of food for 5 people at Walmart, kept the reciept and next month did the same at Safeway, same stuff, ended up costing 265 more at Safeway, thats what convinced us. Allthough I wont go near the clothing department.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I'll stick with my meat market and grocery store shopping. I'll keep Target for household items.
Wish I could and will when the kids are gone,but right now the extra $500 a month I save comes in handy!!

Old 11-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
My husband and I did a test once, on month we bought two weeks of food for 5 people at Walmart, kept the reciept and next month did the same at Safeway, same stuff, ended up costing 265 more at Safeway, thats what convinced us. Allthough I wont go near the clothing department.
WOW!!
I can't blame you for wanting to save that much.

I like to shop the sales,stock up on the loss leaders and then can 'splurge' on certain other items like bread(I like fresh baked bread,but it costs a lot) or fruit.

I think I might be turning into a woman....

Old 11-26-2007, 02:04 PM

982 posts, read 3,308,778 times
I don't particularly care to go to either one, as I'm on the 'buy American' bandwagon. Target is just as bad as WalMart in that department. I'm fortunate to live near three HEB grocery stores - they are the only ones that seem to have kept WalMart on their toes as far as price, and the quality is great.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
WOW!!
I can't blame you for wanting to save that much.

I like to shop the sales,stock up on the loss leaders and then can 'splurge' on certain other items like bread(I like fresh baked bread,but it costs a lot) or fruit.

I think I might be turning into a woman....
Yea we were shocked!!! Although food is all I buy at target, maybe a few household items. For clothes and shoes I shop clearance and sales at Khols and such.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:09 PM

For anyone interested in American made goods:

How Americans Can Buy American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products