Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 10:13 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

This is kind of an update to this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/shopp...se-ebates.html . I had commented in that one that I use ebates all the time and have gotten lots of money from them.

Well, a couple of days ago I got an ebates check for $94.52. I was very puzzled by this because (a) it had been mailed to my old address and (b) I had just checked ebates a few days before and it said my "cash pending" was only a few dollars (which didn't surprise me -- haven't shopped online much lately except through amazon, which has very limited ebates "opportunities"). Luckily, the mail carrier at my former house (whom I was friendly with) wrote a note on the envelope "Tom, please deliver," and my new carrier Tom did just that (I still own that other house but rent it out). The amount, though, I still couldn't figure out.

I just logged into ebates to do some digging. For my latest payment of $94.52, they listed the $3.27 I had "earned" for the recent purchases PLUS 4 more labeled "Big Fat Payment Refund" with a date of 12/31/13 -- these were in the amounts $7.47, $8.51, $61.40, and $13.87. The $13.87 sounded REALLY familiar -- I had found an ebates check for that amount when I was moving, and of course I realized at that time that I had never cashed it. I had been meaning to email them to ask them to re-issue but never got around to it. Once I realized this, I looked at my previous earnings back to 2004 (there's a drop-down menu on ebates for that) and saw the $7.47, $8.51, $61.40, and $13.87 amounts (along with the amounts of all the checks I HAD cashed) -- I guess those 4 were ALL checks that I had neglected to cash!!

Note that ebates did this automatically -- I didn't request those checks. I had been MEANING to request the $13.87 one and another very recent one that I forgot to cash (I will email them about that one, as it looks like they just "settled my account" through 2010), but I hadn't gotten around to it.

So anyway, kudos to ebates ... getting an unexpected check for $94.52 was kind of fun!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,652,760 times
Getting almost $100 of unexpected cash is a wonderful thing!
I've been a member of Ebates for about a year now, and I too had checks I neglected to cash. I wrote to them & they said it would be no problem to reissue them. I thought they were very friendly, and I will definitely continue to use their site.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:04 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
Getting almost $100 of unexpected cash is a wonderful thing!
I've been a member of Ebates for about a year now, and I too had checks I neglected to cash. I wrote to them & they said it would be no problem to reissue them. I thought they were very friendly, and I will definitely continue to use their site.
Yeah, I remember years ago there were a couple of checks I'd neglected to cash, and I was almost afraid to email them because I figured they'd say "you're out of luck." But just as in your case, they promptly re-issued the checks. Great customer service!!

The 2 more recent checks that I'd neglected to cash were sent when I was moving to my current house and then the next one while I was (still!!) unpacking 3 months later. They total just under $175 so I did email ebates about those ones today. That will be nice to have too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products