Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:30 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,157,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I went to a place callled Once upon a Baby and they buy used baby clothes and items. You get 30% of what they will sell the item for. I had this baby swing that retails for 70 something dollars and a baby snuggle nest. Both hardly used at all. They gave me 15 bucks. At that point I didn't care sense nobody would pay more on CR.
That means they sold it for $50. Not bad at all for a used swing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 09:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
It was was the swing and a snuggle nest , not only swing. Both barely used.

Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Surround - Baby Delight - Babies "R" Us

and swing

Comfort & Harmony Portable Swing - Girafaloo - Comfort & Harmony - Babies "R" Us

these are the exact items.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:09 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,505,314 times
I use craigslist for reselling my textbooks. College only buys them back for about $30 when I paid $150 and they turn around and sell it for $125. So I post em up on craigslist and get a nice in between number, sometimes as much as the used bookstore price.

I did sell my Nissan Frontier truck on craigslist a few years ago. Got $6500 out of it. Well, also the house I'm living in now is thanks to a wanted ad I posted on CL. So yeah I have had a few successes.

Sold a Sega on ebay and a GPS. Didn't really like having to pay fees and shipping so meh.

Is that even what this thread is about. Lol. Oh well just my experience.

Why not donate the baby clothes...? Some people can't afford them at all.....

Old 07-11-2014, 10:17 PM

384 posts, read 349,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I use craigslist for reselling my textbooks. College only buys them back for about $30 when I paid $150 and they turn around and sell it for $125. So I post em up on craigslist and get a nice in between number, sometimes as much as the used bookstore price.

I did sell my Nissan Frontier truck on craigslist a few years ago. Got $6500 out of it. Well, also the house I'm living in now is thanks to a wanted ad I posted on CL. So yeah I have had a few successes.

Sold a Sega on ebay and a GPS. Didn't really like having to pay fees and shipping so meh.

Is that even what this thread is about. Lol. Oh well just my experience.

Why not donate the baby clothes...? Some people can't afford them at all.....
While certain products (especially larger ones) are better on CL, I find that eBay is much better for most things. eBay might have small fees, but you have to spend less time dealing with people pre-sale.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 PM

738 posts, read 1,000,345 times
I've only used CL and have had pretty good luck with it. But then I only sell things that I absolutely want to sell, price them cheap enough to move them quickly, describe them completely with LOTS of photos...oh, and the fact that I live in the middle of BF Nowhere helps since only serious buyers will travel to see the items they are interested in.

Yep...I've had pretty good luck

RVcook

Old 07-12-2014, 08:31 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,505,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfProfessional View Post
While certain products (especially larger ones) are better on CL, I find that eBay is much better for most things. eBay might have small fees, but you have to spend less time dealing with people pre-sale.
I find that if you need money quickly, CL is the way to go. It is local, and you can negotiate with people with no shipping/anon fees. Ebay in my opinion might be the better choice for "larger" products (larger in price not size) as the profit from the sale should outweigh the fee/shipping costs. The main negative of CL is obviously the chance of robbery (very real in my town) and people who msg you but never pull through. With eBay you have to pay, so yeah that;s a def positive haha

Old 07-12-2014, 10:10 PM

Im trying to sell a digital camera right now. A 6 year old Casio EX-FH20. It's om great shape but a little scratched ( not on the lens )from wear and tear. On E bay the same camera is selling for over 200 dollars used. I'm not sure mine is worth that much sense it's not in "mint" condition as far as look goes. I'm selling it sense we bought a new camera.
Do you think selling it for $100 is too much?

Old 07-13-2014, 10:11 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,558 times
This model?
Amazon.com : Casio Exilim EX-FH20 9.1 MP Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) : Camera & Photo
That's a nice camera.

Looks like you could easily get $200-300 for it on Amazon if you have a sellers account.

On eBay, yes $100. sounds very reasonable, I am assuming it is in working condition. If you decide to list it on eBay, be sure and describe every flaw, even if it is just cosmetic.

Last edited by NMNan; 07-13-2014 at 10:35 AM..

Old 07-13-2014, 10:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
They each have their usefulness including Amazon.

Ebay really went off the deepend though with this last Spring Seller update. Can only image what the fall one will bring.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post
This model?
Amazon.com : Casio Exilim EX-FH20 9.1 MP Digital Camera with 20x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) : Camera & Photo
That's a nice camera.

Looks like you could easily get $200-300 for it on Amazon if you have a sellers account.

On eBay, yes $100. sounds very reasonable, I am assuming it is in working condition. If you decide to list it on eBay, be sure and describe every flaw, even if it is just cosmetic.

I will, thanks.
My husband don't like it for some reason....

Yes, I will take pictures of the scratches and describe in detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products