Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 01:32 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,415,351 times

Advertisements

Hi Scooby,

Our house dog "Whiskey" at the Firehouse / Engine 8 is a Great Dane, that old girl, I love her, I might have to take a peek at where you purchase your dog food, sounds like a great deal, I'm always the fighter that's task with feeding her, lol. And she loves her Knight. She even loves my little Dachshund, "Thunder". Amazing girl, Whiskey..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 03:04 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Go ahead and buy all your stuff online. Put the moms and pops and even the brick and mortars out of business.
Once they're gone, Amazon will drop their quality and raise their prices.
Why not?
There will be no competition, so they can do what they want.
It has already happened. Radio Shack is out of business and many more retails stores are just show rooms for people to go and order online.

The prices aren't cheaper at Amazon, it's the convenience that you get your goods quickly. Research shows that most people shop at big wholesalers like Costcos which is also killing mom and pop stores because they offer more bang for the buck.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
The main thing about amazon is their what I call make good policy even with the sellers. But even prime often ups the price if you look carefully. You paid for two day once shipped and yet you pay a higher price than just the average even on their site. They add to prime order cost if you look.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:40 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

The prices aren't cheaper at Amazon, it's the convenience that you get your goods quickly......
You are correct that their prices are not the most inexpensive. But if factors one makes a wishlist on it, it does save the time driving around fulfilling the needs list plus the gas associated with it. That being said, Amazon for the most part gets the largest chunk of our home and some business needs outside of food.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:42 PM

658 posts, read 724,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The main thing about amazon is their what I call make good policy even with the sellers. But even prime often ups the price if you look carefully. You paid for two day once shipped and yet you pay a higher price than just the average even on their site. They add to prime order cost if you look.
If you take advantage of student version of Amazon Prime then it isnworth every dime. It used to be $79 a couple years ago and then they pumped up. Then next increase cycle is probably another same difference as the $79 one.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:30 AM

384 posts, read 734,922 times
Amazon is great for hard to find items. But they are not the cheapest. Allot of times I end up on ebay

Old 04-05-2015, 01:47 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
Never online.

You know, Amazon destroys local businesses, treats its staff badly, and battles against book publishers, regardless of the bad consequences to authors and readers.

No way would I support them.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:24 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,079,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Texdav, can you clarify what you meant? I shop at amazon all the time (I have prime), and I have no idea what you mean. I've never been charged for 2-day shipping when the seller is amazon or "fulfilled by amazon." What do you mean they "up the price"?

What I like best about amazon (besides their amazing selection) is their customer service. I have NEVER been disappointed with it and I've been shopping there since 2003 (I know only because the email address I use for amazon has that year in it!).

Old 04-07-2015, 12:14 PM

658 posts, read 724,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferluce View Post
yes amazon and ebay is the best .
ebay may not be, their fees are too much now . I gave up on them.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:49 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameridreamNoT View Post
ebay may not be, their fees are too much now . I gave up on them.
I've always found eBay selling fees to be extremely low at around 13% or so (when you include PayPal).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products