Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 02:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Quiznos had INSANELY unhealthy subs. When they finally revealed their nutritional facts they quickly topped most charts...

Quiznos Nutrition Revealed… It’s not good… | Christopher Price .net

Quiznos Calories: No Wonder They Concealed Them

I remember at my University they had one and everytime I ate there I literally felt like I couldnt move and my brain turned off. Talk about food coma..
Quiznos had the biggest dip in portion size of any place I've ever visited. I liked them a lot in the early 2000's..at some point they became so cheap with their portions that I stopped going, and haven't gone back since. It was like they cut the sandwich down to half it's size, it was almost comical. A bunch of their stores closed in my area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 03:09 PM

804 posts, read 1,076,579 times
I loved quiznos until they got rid of their roasted red pepper sauce.

Subway? there food is bland and yuck. I tried it once a few months ago but haven't eaten there in about 15 years before then.

jimmy johns? severe lack of toppings. I love olives on my sandwhich and they are dirt cheap specially in bulk. bean sprouts? what is this California or something?

Old 06-17-2015, 03:12 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
We Have, "Jersey Mike Subs" here in San Diego. The meat in the subs just taste better at Jersey Mikes. I also hate Subways Hiring practices. Most of the subways by my house all have a Employee turnover problem. I was talking to a guy that work at one these subways once. he mentioned that, the guy owns about 20 subways and that subway Corp has been trying to suspended his franchise right for years. Apparently it only takes penny's to open or start your own Subway store.
Love Jersey Mike's - haven't been to a Subway since they opened near us years ago. Just a better bun, meat and service.

Last edited by ringwise; 06-17-2015 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: type

Old 06-17-2015, 03:37 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Always wondered why Subways never have that heavenly, yeasty, bread-baking smell.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:54 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
Fast food has it's good and bad points depending on the locale and the country therein.

Recall many yrs back when I saw the Taco Bell in Mexico City which I thought was hilarious considering the Tacos there.

People I knew loved the place with the ground beef compared to the usual fare of Carnitas or Tacos de Carbon (my late night favorite snack).

Generally a choice in fare like some who will indulge in Chinese food take out.....sorry but not my cup of tea....seems like all the TV programs will have Chinese food during an episode.

So far many of the fast food places mentioned on this thread are strange to me....maybe are on the east Coast while I am on the Pacific side......couple sound interesting.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:07 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Fast food has it's good and bad points depending on the locale and the country therein.

Recall many yrs back when I saw the Taco Bell in Mexico City which I thought was hilarious considering the Tacos there.

People I knew loved the place with the ground beef compared to the usual fare of Carnitas or Tacos de Carbon (my late night favorite snack).

Generally a choice in fare like some who will indulge in Chinese food take out.....sorry but not my cup of tea....seems like all the TV programs will have Chinese food during an episode.

So far many of the fast food places mentioned on this thread are strange to me....maybe are on the east Coast while I am on the Pacific side......couple sound interesting.
Yeah that is interesting. I could see it being a novelty in Mexico city.

Chains can still do well even if they are in places where the local examples are better.

In New York, there are still Dominos pizza places that do well.
There is of course better pizza, but it's often more expensive or they might not deliver or they take too long.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:08 PM

922 posts, read 1,150,052 times
I would go often if they brought back $5 foot longs and installed drive-thrus.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:13 PM

19,138 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Burger King in Budapest...heaven forbid.
I guess you didn't realize that, in the immediate aftermath of the Communist downfall, amenities for tourists were sadly lacking to a great extent in Budapest, and totally lacking in the rest of the country. If I had been able to spend unlimited amounts of money, there were definitely interesting restaurants to patronize in Budapest--but I had neither the funds nor the wardrobe to be able to go to those places.

Given my budget at the time, the only authentic native fare that I was able to afford for lunch was bread slathered with goose fat and covered with raw onion slices. After a few days, that type of diet would likely lead to both malnutrition and blood lipid levels that are off the charts! Hence, the desire for a Veggie Burger.

Additionally, it was possible to walk for...maybe as much as a mile...without finding any restaurants in that gray/black run-down city, and when a Burger King appeared on the horizon, it was almost like an oasis--believe it or not.

I'm sure that Budapest is now a vibrant and colorful city, but when I visited it was a sad-looking, extremely run-down place with few amenities--especially in comparison to Prague, which was my next stop!

Prague was absolutely magical and inviting.
Budapest was...sad.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:31 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
I actually like Subway and eat my lunch there at least 2-3 times a week. I am watching my cholesterol and get the 6 inch turkey sub. Taste is different to different people, and I think the subs are good and a good value. For $6 I get a quick lunch that is lower in fat than any of the other fast food places in the area, like McD, or Burger King.

Don

Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
A few of the Subways around here actually served breakfast at one point. I don't believe it was a success because I hardly see anybody there during breakfast hours. Maybe they no longer have the breakfast menu now, not sure. I believe you lose your way when you try to do too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products