Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 06:12 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,479,600 times

Advertisements

Amazon, Ebay and Walmart are great places to shop. I prefer Walmart 'cause I can easily return the product if it isn't right.

If an Online company doesn't accept Paypal, I back browse outta there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times
I do a lot of online shopping at Walmart.com. The prices are usually cheap, and I can return to a local store if I need to. Way easier than dealing with returns through an online-only retailer.

I do buy some things from Amazon. Like others here have noted, though, I don't always find their prices to be the best. A Prime membership wouldn't be worth it for me, but I know people who have it and love it. Most of the things I've bought off of Amazon were books that I couldn't easily find elsewhere or that I was able to buy used for a good price.

I would never do the Amazon pantry thing -- just not a fan. I do shop at Sam's Club and find their prices on certain things to be worth it. We save enough on dog and cat food alone throughout the year to cover the membership.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:43 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,249,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Back in December, right before Christmas, are mail wasn't coming till almost 8pm most nights. Usually it comes around 3:30-4pm. Every house had multiple packages that the mail man had to carry up to the door. One night I noticed the mail man dropping off mail, went out to the mailbox about 10 minutes later, and he was only 3 houses down the road. I'm sure he was silently cursing Amazon and other online shopping all night long.
haha, i feel kinda bad for them but surely they must be getting paid more for the work?

i think last week, i had a prime delivery every single business day.. for single pantry items, and a case of IZZE sparkling juice 24 cans for $16.49, free prime shipping. that's $8 cheaper than buying it at whole food.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:55 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,342,730 times
I have no use for Amazon. Between eBay and Walmart.com, I can easily find what I need.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:19 AM

99,618 posts, read 4,495,071 times
Love it! Amazingly fast. I ordered something last Friday and they promised to deliver it on Sunday. I was skeptical but sure enough they did!

Old 04-23-2016, 03:04 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,326,728 times
I use Amazon enough that I just put some of my regular-use items in a order with something else I want so I qualify for no shipping without having to pay for Prime. It was easier when the requirement was $35. Now it's $49.

The combinations of things I get are funny sometime. I found an auto part I needed on Amazon far cheaper than it was priced on auto part websites. So I bought it along with a skin care product I needed and a detective novel.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:55 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,593,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Back in December, right before Christmas, are mail wasn't coming till almost 8pm most nights. Usually it comes around 3:30-4pm. Every house had multiple packages that the mail man had to carry up to the door. One night I noticed the mail man dropping off mail, went out to the mailbox about 10 minutes later, and he was only 3 houses down the road. I'm sure he was silently cursing Amazon and other online shopping all night long.
It depends on which seller you buy from on Amazon. You can buy from Amazon itself, or an individual seller through Amazon, or an individual seller on the site but not Amazon-backed. Each seller ships differently. The last thing I got was by UPS, others I recently got were via the USPS, and some have been via that smartshop through the USPS.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:57 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,593,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I have no use for Amazon. Between eBay and Walmart.com, I can easily find what I need.
Walmart.com is good, too. Great shipping rates! But I'll never buy from Ebay again. I was defrauded twice (the items weren't as described), and two were supposedly broken in transit (I suspect they were broken before, and the seller was pawning off a broken item....or at best, they were wrapped not worth a darn) which required me to try to get recompensed from the USPS. They weren't costly enough items to take it to the Ebay thing that handles fraud. Never again. Fool me once......

Old 04-23-2016, 04:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
It depends on which seller you buy from on Amazon. You can buy from Amazon itself, or an individual seller through Amazon, or an individual seller on the site but not Amazon-backed. Each seller ships differently. The last thing I got was by UPS, others I recently got were via the USPS, and some have been via that smartshop through the USPS.
Yes, I know Amazon ships through different companies, and I'm sure they all see an increase. I was just commenting on a situation I noticed with the mail. I don't get FedEx and UPS packages very often, so it's less noticeable when they're running behind.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:31 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,820,291 times
I've had Prime for years and buy from Amazon almost exclusively. To me it's all about convenience. I use subscribe & save to buy cat food, cat litter, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, Melatonin, and whatever else I use frequently. I get a 15% discount and free shipping.

I despise shopping so Amazon works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products