Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2023, 06:23 PM

61,742 posts, read 87,172,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I tried that when I was trying to reach Amazon. Its leads were notably unsuccessful.

It's quite hard to find phone number to Amazon, so seeing it posted and working it's already success.
I used it few times without any problems. Even talked to a human without an accent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2023, 06:47 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,980,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That does not always work anymore, although I still try it. In fact some companies "punish you" for trying to bypass the shpiel by starting the recording back from the beginning if you push zero, and some even hang up on you.
"I do not recognize that command. Goodbye!"

Old 03-19-2023, 08:51 PM

7,025 posts, read 4,899,912 times
I remember trying to call Yahoo once and trying to connect with someone. I'd forgotten the password to my account because I'd just changed it and I'm stupid and I was pretty frantic because I was on unemployment and all my job searches were in that account.

At that time, there wasn't any way to recover your password. I called the regular Yahoo line and got a tough luck for all my trouble and was even hung up on while I was crying.

So cue the search for another number. I knew where Yahoo was located because I used to live in the Bay Area. Got a number and started to dial. It was one of those "If you know the first letters of your party's name, enter it now" type of number.

I figured someone there had to be named Johnson so I entered JOH, got a recording and left a message. I'll be damned if this woman didn't call me back and tell me she would look into getting my account back. She called back after about an hour and had me contact someone else and I was able to reset my password. She must have really been high up there in the business.

Anyway, I got her address and wrote her a thank you note and it was well deserved. Unemployment wanted to see my job searches the next week. But it sure taught me something about being persistent and resourceful in getting a phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
That would drive me nuts.
I left home in '74 and I only saw my mom 4 times after that. There was a reason for that.

Old 03-19-2023, 09:11 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,980,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I remember trying to call Yahoo once and trying to connect with someone. I'd forgotten the password to my account because I'd just changed it and I'm stupid and I was pretty frantic because I was on unemployment and all my job searches were in that account.

At that time, there wasn't any way to recover your password. I called the regular Yahoo line and got a tough luck for all my trouble and was even hung up on while I was crying.

So cue the search for another number. I knew where Yahoo was located because I used to live in the Bay Area. Got a number and started to dial. It was one of those "If you know the first letters of your party's name, enter it now" type of number.

I figured someone there had to be named Johnson so I entered JOH, got a recording and left a message. I'll be damned if this woman didn't call me back and tell me she would look into getting my account back. She called back after about an hour and had me contact someone else and I was able to reset my password. She must have really been high up there in the business.

Anyway, I got her address and wrote her a thank you note and it was well deserved. Unemployment wanted to see my job searches the next week. But it sure taught me something about being persistent and resourceful in getting a phone number.
You got lucky! I lost my yahoo password over 20 years ago and also couldn't recover it, though I thought there was a way to do it and I was just missing something. I remember emailing "support" and pleading with them to help me and never got a response. I had to create a new account that is one digit off my original.

I also found out the hard way that if you don't log into a yahoo account in 6 months, it deletes all your emails. Couldn't get those back either.

Old 03-19-2023, 10:10 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's quite hard to find phone number to Amazon, so seeing it posted and working it's already success.
I used it few times without any problems. Even talked to a human without an accent
This was years ago but that's not my recollection. Maybe they have changed their policies.

Old 03-19-2023, 10:11 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
No thank you.
Thankfully where l am from, we don't care for such dishonest "pleasantries" or fake compliments, and l am not participating in such.
In my office, one of my colleagues asked why "I don't ask how he's doing" when launching into the legal issue or problem. I didn't want an argument about what I really think, which is similar to your view, for instance.

Old 03-20-2023, 05:59 AM

494 posts, read 286,277 times
I have to agree. I'm finding that the phone calls are the worst. I can't tell you how many times I've been on hold and then the phone hangs up. Even if you're fortunate enough to get a person, you generally get put on hold and end up losing the call anyway.

I think customer service is a lot better in the stores if you can get there because you always have a person you can speak with and, if you realize that those employees might be stressed out, get better service if you are calm and can reason with them. You also have the option of speaking with a supervisor.

Old 03-20-2023, 06:19 AM

449 posts, read 283,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Um...no. It's literally how they unequivocally know your towel is dirty and to replace it. As another poster mentioned, there are literally hotels that tell you to do this.

Not sure how making people's jobs easier is an example of "sucking."
I thought that I had read all the previous replies but I see now that I missed a couple pages. It looks like I'm the one that sucks. Please accept my apologies.

Old 03-20-2023, 07:08 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
If you go on the Amazon "contact us" page, it gives an option to have someone call you. They call within a minute or 2 of checking the box.

Old 03-20-2023, 07:09 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
"I do not recognize that command. Goodbye!"

Yes!! And then I scream "You Bi*ch!" lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products