Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,259 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to a blackfriday.info, which has all the Black Friday ads and store hours for that day. It should be exciting this year, just like every year! I have done Black Friday for many years, and in my opinion, it is definitely worth it to fight the crowds and stand out in lines for good deals. I'll be out there!

Also, I heard that in LA at a Best Buy, there is already a line for Black Friday! That's pretty early!

Black Friday Ads for Black Friday 2008 and Black Friday Deals!

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 03:37 PM

302 posts, read 921,926 times
I'm ready!!! I have done Black Friday for the past 3 years, not because I'm particularly in a rush to get stuff (I don't have anyone to shop for but me.) but because I enjoy it. The madness is interesting to watch.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:50 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,414,906 times
Haven't done the black Friday thing since the kids were little and they really wanted something that I knew would sell out. I've done most of my shopping on line for the past few years............I just love hearing the UPS truck
Have fun and Happy Shopping.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $DFW8$ View Post
I have done Black Friday for many years, and in my opinion, it is definitely worth it to fight the crowds and stand out in lines for good deals.
Wondering if you would still feel that way if you had to stand out in the below freezing weather/wind for an hour or 2 before the stores opened? Did some of that in my younger days I prefer online shopping now that the kids are older.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:19 PM

On my local news tonight the showed Best Buy in L.A. and there was already a line forming for Friday. That's a little crazy, camping out 4 days before. BTW everyone they showed were young. Guess they're keeping out of trouble

Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
On my local news tonight the showed Best Buy in L.A. and there was already a line forming for Friday. That's a little crazy, camping out 4 days before. BTW everyone they showed were young. Guess they're keeping out of trouble
Ya I saw that on the news too. That's pretty crazy!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:24 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,790,983 times
I went to the little stores in the mall tonight (wednesday), and asked for their Friday price. All but one was happy to give me the discount.

Empty stores, lots of help, good sales, and all of my Christmas shopping finished in 2 hours....it was a good trip.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
and this is my main reason why I don't shop on Black Friday: the people that do are CRAZY!:

Wal-Mart worker dies after being knocked down by throng of shoppers at NY store -- chicagotribune.com

Old 11-28-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
and this is my main reason why I don't shop on Black Friday: the people that do are CRAZY!:

Wal-Mart worker dies after being knocked down by throng of shoppers at NY store -- chicagotribune.com
Didn't the same thing happen last year? I don't shop on Black Friday either. I think the stores need to do something about these crazy people. They should allow maybe 5 people in at a time every so many minutes apart. Maybe this madness would stop.
When I read the story it stated the customers were angry that they had to leave the store after they trampled the man to death.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Didn't the same thing happen last year? I don't shop on Black Friday either. I think the stores need to do something about these crazy people. They should allow maybe 5 people in at a time every so many minutes apart. Maybe this madness would stop.
When I read the story it stated the customers were angry that they had to leave the store after they trampled the man to death.

I love the Black Friday crazyness....
I did do Best Buy a couple of times and I like how they organize things...
They will come out about a half hour before the store opens, go down the line and ask what you are after. You tell them, they give you a claim ticket and tell you where you can find the item. They also passed out donuts and something to drink...usually coffee or water.
This eliminated the need to rush to what you wanted and assured those that took the time to wait in line getting what they came after. Every time I've gone there there's been no rush.
I won't do either Marts or after this past Friday a Toys R Us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products