Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times

Advertisements

I could swear I read a thread on this but can't find it.

I have to complain about Office Depot today: approximately 3 pm there was ONE employee apparently in the entire store. The employee was ringing at the Ink Stop register (not in the front of the store) - she ignored or barely acknowledged people that had a question (not me) and if she did acknowledge them, she pointed them in a general direction. I went in for something somewhat specific, but if I'd needed help - I would have walked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:43 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
Isn't that frustrating??? I know they try to man their stores according to how much business they had last weeek, last month, etc....but when you need help, and no one is there to help you--it sucks!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:06 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I could swear I read a thread on this but can't find it.

I have to complain about Office Depot today: approximately 3 pm there was ONE employee apparently in the entire store. The employee was ringing at the Ink Stop register (not in the front of the store) - she ignored or barely acknowledged people that had a question (not me) and if she did acknowledge them, she pointed them in a general direction. I went in for something somewhat specific, but if I'd needed help - I would have walked out.
If you are talking about the Office Depot in Bailey's X-roads i'm not surprised.

I went there once to get a cell phone. When i looked at them to ask for help they took one look at me and went back to a conversation they were having. I was with my mother and she said i should have walked out right there. Looking back and going back so i can get discounts for my used ink cartridges and getting the same disrespect i should have listened to her.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 PM

This was the Office Depot on Richmond Highway (in the shopping center that Lowe's is in).

Old 12-10-2008, 03:09 PM

125 posts, read 213,042 times
I have been going to Office Depot here in Fort Smith, Arkansas and have found them extremely helpful and easy to get along with. This time of year they like about all retail outlets are busy but that is no excuse for bad service or rudeness.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I went into Lowes for some light fixtures and didn't see any workers or customers at all except a couple of checkers. How do they stay in business ? I ended up going to home depot because the prices on the lights were less for the same item. I asked a worker if I bought 8 of the lights could I get a discount and he said "Sorry but we don't Jew here" I told the manager and got his a$$ in trouble ! I ended up buying the lights from a small local family run hardware store and got a better price than both of those big chain stores.
You asked for a discount at Lowes? Where? In Tijuana?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
I get quantity discounts all the time when I buy many of an item. I've even negotiated the price of a six pack of beer and got a reduced price many times. It was H.D where I made a bid for a discount on the light fixtures and that was where I got the racist comment from a sales jerk. I did negotiate a quantity price break from a small hardware store.
No I don't live in T.J. ! I do most of my shopping in Montana.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:29 PM

I really didn't plan this to be a bashing but I am SO over Sears. I ordered something online for instore pickup (which I picked up w/i days) - since then there are calls from them (which my husband heard so now he knows - SURPRISE - NOT!!) - - they called again today: this item was picked up almost 2 weeks ago. I found a phone number to call: she was less than worthless, tells me it's a store issue, I need to call the store. Sigh........ (I'll never do this again and won't be surprised if Sears files B/K soon).

Old 12-13-2008, 02:52 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I really didn't plan this to be a bashing but I am SO over Sears. I ordered something online for instore pickup (which I picked up w/i days) - since then there are calls from them (which my husband heard so now he knows - SURPRISE - NOT!!) - - they called again today: this item was picked up almost 2 weeks ago. I found a phone number to call: she was less than worthless, tells me it's a store issue, I need to call the store. Sigh........ (I'll never do this again and won't be surprised if Sears files B/K soon).
Yeah, Sears aint nothing special. Sometimes they have decent deals on shirts and ties for my job, otherwise i never buy anything there.

On a positive note, have you gone to the new best buy across from Landmark? I've gone in 2 or 3 times and everytime i go in, i cant even take two steps into any department without being asked if i needed assistance. That will come in handy when i do have something big to buy.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:08 AM

125 posts, read 213,042 times
Well, I guess all good thing must come to an end. The closer that it got to Christmas and the more crowded that it got in the Office Depot in Ft. Smith, Ar., the worse that the service was.
I went into the store on the 23rd and I admit that there was an overabundance of customer to employee, but I thought that the personnel that were working were more interested in how soon they were done for the day rather than how they could help the customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products