Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM

55 posts, read 178,106 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are considering Sioux Falls for our next move. It's within a couple hours of family and we are still hoping to get some sort of city life. I do understand Sioux Falls isn't that big, but I wanted to get an idea of what there is to do on a typical day away from work.

So if I have a day off or want to do something in the evening, what are my choices (family and non family choices)? And does it differ greatly between a weekday and a weekend?

We currently live in a major city and there is always something to do. One thing we really like is to take a walk with our dogs and child. Do people do that sort of thing there? What worries me is here there is a leash law and most people abide by it. Do they there? My dogs are not dog friendly and unfortunately some people just don't get that. I don't want to take my dog for a walk, have a loose dog come up to mine and I come out looking like the bad owner. So is there a leash law and do people abide by it?

I know these are small things and I probably shouldn't worry about it, but I feel like we've looked at the bigger picture and I want an idea of what to expect out of everyday life activities.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM

193 posts, read 677,481 times
With the type of dogs you have, unfortunately your best bet is going to be in a more rural area. Sioux Falls has dog parks, but there's always other dogs there. They do have leash laws, but that doesn't mean there isn't a dog here and there that aren't running loose.
Stuff to do:
Welcome to Sioux FallsEvents.com
Visit Sioux Falls, SD | Conventions, Tourism, & Vacations
Plenty to do, if you don't mind simple living
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls