Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Are you getting used to it John? Because you were the loudest in criticizing players going after money only.
You gotta admire Scholes, John.
Loyal, quiet, no money driven player, extraordinary qualities: passing, shooting, tackling not that much and only playing for one club.
And 37 years old, Giggs is 38. As great as those 2 are, they need replacing, which is most likely going to set your club back at least £20-£30 million to find 2 players of that caliber, unless you're planning on keeping them into their 40's?

United do have a great youth policy, but they're going to have to spend big this summer, whereas City can just buy Edin Hazard and sit back, maybe even offloading Dzeko and giving Guidetti a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,303 times
Quote:
But Citeh spent over a billion in just 2 years.
100's millions seems to be nothing nowadays. I think we will see this spending by Citeh continue until they win CL (if they can at all).
Look now, this summer they will be interested in all Man Utd targets.
They started already by sniffing around Hazard, after SAF declared interest in him.
Chelski did the same in previous years, always running for Utd targets. Remember Essien, Robben, Obi deals?
Especialy Obi one?
They all try to emmulate Utd, but that is not going to work. Utd will always come back.
Simply, Utd have class, tradition, SAF .... they have it all.
The club where Shaun Goater is one of the greatest cannot be consider "big" and classy, don't you think? No offense to Goater.
City did'nt spend a billion. Thats a load of *******s. Show me the stats for that please.

Man Utd dont have a right to the targets first. If you notice that Arsenal and Spurs were the first ones linked with Hazard. Does that mean that Utd are trying to emmulate them.

Sorry to burst your buble Pete but Man Utd do spend money. You put it like they dont spend any money and that they are just popping players up from out of the ground.

What are you talking about Pete. You also said a few weeks ago that Hicks and Gillet gave a lot of money to LFC which was bull too.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
I'm not going to dump on City because they spend money. United spends money. Chelsea spends money. Liverpool spends money. The best clubs in the world spend money. Why is City held to a different standard? This logic is lost on me.

In other news...Liverpool just dropped 3 points because of an early own goal. Amazing.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 PM

921 posts, read 1,095,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
City did'nt spend a billion. Thats a load of *******s. Show me the stats for that please.

Man Utd dont have a right to the targets first. If you notice that Arsenal and Spurs were the first ones linked with Hazard. Does that mean that Utd are trying to emmulate them.

Sorry to burst your buble Pete but Man Utd do spend money. You put it like they dont spend any money and that they are just popping players up from out of the ground.

What are you talking about Pete. You also said a few weeks ago that Hicks and Gillet gave a lot of money to LFC which was bull too.
Here is some stat for you:
Manchester City taken to a whole new level with Sheikh Mansour's £1 billion investment - Telegraph

Right to targets? They don't have, but other clubs did steal their main targets by offering them crazy amount of $ (Obi, Robben etc...). You know this pretty well.

Yes, I said Pool owners gave you money. We were talking about current ones who gave you 35 mil for a raw material as Carroll. But even Gillet and Hicks gave you $. Don't say they didn't.
Don't talk bullsh*t and make a fool of yourself.

Get your facts straight and then come forward.
I am sick and tired of arguing with people like you.
Again, how old are you? 15?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
Jealousy that the blue half of Manchester is the more marketable half to foreign investors

Keep playing 40 year old Giggs and see how far that gets you in the Champions League next season

Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,942 times
I don't think City are more marketable. They wanted a club for cheap and City topped the list. Just like Chelsea topped the list when the Russian wanted to play.

I'm confused to why everyone thinks United fans are devastated, we still have the most Premiership trophies and will do for at the very least another decade!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
And 37 years old, Giggs is 38. As great as those 2 are, they need replacing, which is most likely going to set your club back at least £20-£30 million to find 2 players of that caliber, unless you're planning on keeping them into their 40's?

United do have a great youth policy, but they're going to have to spend big this summer, whereas City can just buy Edin Hazard and sit back, maybe even offloading Dzeko and giving Guidetti a shot.
You didn't get my point.
They are going to be replaced. I wanted to say they are the role model for every player. They had a chance to move to another clubs (Inter, Real...) for more money but they stayed. Not something that you see at City, right?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Jealousy that the blue half of Manchester is the more marketable half to foreign investors

Keep playing 40 year old Giggs and see how far that gets you in the Champions League next season
Jealousy on what? What have you won? How many titles you have? Huh?
Who are your famous players?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I'm not going to dump on City because they spend money. United spends money. Chelsea spends money. Liverpool spends money. The best clubs in the world spend money. Why is City held to a different standard? This logic is lost on me.

In other news...Liverpool just dropped 3 points because of an early own goal. Amazing.
Totally agree with you. All the big clubs spend money but because its Man City everyone is going mad.

Liverpool lost last night but it was a second team so its not so devistating.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Here is some stat for you:
Manchester City taken to a whole new level with Sheikh Mansour's £1 billion investment - Telegraph

Right to targets? They don't have, but other clubs did steal their main targets by offering them crazy amount of $ (Obi, Robben etc...). You know this pretty well.

Yes, I said Pool owners gave you money. We were talking about current ones who gave you 35 mil for a raw material as Carroll. But even Gillet and Hicks gave you $. Don't say they didn't.
Don't talk bullsh*t and make a fool of yourself.

Get your facts straight and then come forward.
I am sick and tired of arguing with people like you.
Again, how old are you? 15?
Yes buts thats not all on transfers Pete thats what I am saying.

Knowone stole your targets. Fair enough if you put in a bid for them and you were about to sign them but it was'nt like that. You were thinking of putting a bid in for them. If I think of buying a car in the shop but somebody else goes and buys that car does that mean they are stealing t from me. Well does it.

No you said Hicks and Gillet gave us lots of money and that Benitez waisted it which is not the case. I am not talking bull**** Pete you are. Hicks and Gillet were awful owners and put us in a lot of debt.

My facts are straight. I am also sick and tired of arguing with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer