Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 02:52 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times

Advertisements

The field ref appears to have an obscene bias against Cameroon! That was a goal stolen from Cameroon against England!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 05:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
The field ref appears to have an obscene bias against Cameroon! That was a goal stolen from Cameroon against England!

I hate VAR, Englsnd under par still deserved it

Old 06-23-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Why? . Offside is offside .

Old 06-23-2019, 08:45 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
As you stated, I hate VAR.

Offsides? By how much? Thousands of an inch? But, as you stated, offside is offside.

What was that 53 minute first half all about?

Old 06-24-2019, 07:55 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,155,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

People who hate VAR make me crazy. The rules are the rules. You want bad calls deciding games instead of reviewing calls to make sure they are correct? I do not get it. I want the rules to apply. And no, its never thousands of an inch, its either offside or not. the camera is not high def enough to tells such minor levels. In every case, the smallest amount we have seen is 2 or 3 inches. That is huge. If a ball was 2 or 3 inches past the goal line, should they not call it a goal? Either do away with it entirely and accept that bad calls happen even when they cost your favorite team a game, or have it and use it.

My only change, which will come next year the rumors are, is time limits for it. On goal scoring and PK review, no more than 2 minutes. On all other plays no more than 1 minute.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:48 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
As you stated, I hate VAR.

Offsides? By how much? Thousands of an inch? But, as you stated, offside is offside.

What was that 53 minute first half all about?
That doesn't make any difference - offside is offside! What's next giving a goal because the ball 'very nearly' crossed the line!!

Old 06-24-2019, 09:24 AM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times
The FIFA implementation of VAR is working very well, I think. Most of the time they come up with the correct decision, and it is a strong disincentive against simulation in the penalty area. As long as they keep reviews to a minimum and keep the game flowing, it's a positive addition.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:15 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,155,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The FIFA implementation of VAR is working very well, I think. Most of the time they come up with the correct decision, and it is a strong disincentive against simulation in the penalty area. As long as they keep reviews to a minimum and keep the game flowing, it's a positive addition.
Exactly. Lots of talk in France and russia last year about giving time limits. I suspect that will come. Goal and PKs get 2 minutes. Everything else gets 60 seconds.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
People who hate VAR make me crazy. The rules are the rules. You want bad calls deciding games instead of reviewing calls to make sure they are correct? I do not get it. I want the rules to apply. And no, its never thousands of an inch, its either offside or not. the camera is not high def enough to tells such minor levels. In every case, the smallest amount we have seen is 2 or 3 inches. That is huge. If a ball was 2 or 3 inches past the goal line, should they not call it a goal? Either do away with it entirely and accept that bad calls happen even when they cost your favorite team a game, or have it and use it.

My only change, which will come next year the rumors are, is time limits for it. On goal scoring and PK review, no more than 2 minutes. On all other plays no more than 1 minute.
2 reasons why i hate it....... Stops the flow of the game and because the clear and obvious error it is supposed to clear up is a farce, if it is clearing up clear and obvious error, then why is it taking so long to come to a decision?. Surely when it's reviewed if it is clear and obvious you should be able to make that decision within 30 seconds. Managers in the past used to have a little ***** about poor refereeing decisions, but they also said they balanced themselves out over the season. You would have a dubious penalty given against you one week and a couple weeks later one that went in your favor. I was all for it at one time, but from what i have seen so far, it's a farce, a farce that i am sure can be fixed.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:36 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post

I agree, I love VAR because it can right wrongs. We still have the element of people there so it still wont always be right but its better than before. The only thing I hate about VAR is the American Football aspect of it all, it just slows the game down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer