Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2020, 10:59 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

What about the main branch of Wells Fargo bank downtown, anyone know what is going on with that. I believe they had an electrical fire, and been closed ever since with yellow tape around it. Hopefully that won't turn into the next eyesore down there, they already have one right across the street from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 02:42 PM

93 posts, read 90,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I noticed this morning, that heavy equipment is clearing the lot next to Burger King on Broad Street. That's a tight squeeze right there at a very busy intersection.
I was told an oil place is going there. Not exactly sure what tho.

(Updating to say: Sorry. I got a little behind on reading. I see now that a Take 5 is going there next to Burger King.)

Last edited by mizzritz007; 01-14-2020 at 02:51 PM..

Old 01-14-2020, 02:46 PM

93 posts, read 90,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Not much activity on Monday, but concrete truck and several contractor trucks were on site in force today (Tuesday). I live in that area so almost anything would be an improvement from what it was.

On a side note in regards to KMart...looked up property deed for 1143 Broad Street and it returned owner as Libby Dial Enterprises LLC, Im not sure if that is the current owner or transfer of ownership has not been updated yet. Buzzfile.com states that Leslie H. Dial operates under Sumter Cash and Carry. Just FYI.

Leslie H. Dial Enterprises, Inc. in Sumter, SC - (803) 469-9600

http://lansa.sumtercountysc.org:8080...pdetail=detail

Just trying to find information on Hobby Lobby but the Dodge Report provided earlier wants you to pay for the report.
My brother in law knows a man that is on the city planning and development committee and he confirmed that Hobby Lobby has been approved to move into Kmart or however they're gna do that.

Also was told there is a Chipotle going in next to Osaka. Probably apart of that whole Gateway Plaza redo.

Old 01-14-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzritz007 View Post
I was told an oil place is going there. Not exactly sure what tho.

(Updating to say: Sorry. I got a little behind on reading. I see now that a Take 5 is going there next to Burger King.)
It's all good.

Old 01-14-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzritz007 View Post
My brother in law knows a man that is on the city planning and development committee and he confirmed that Hobby Lobby has been approved to move into Kmart or however they're gna do that.

Also was told there is a Chipotle going in next to Osaka. Probably apart of that whole Gateway Plaza redo.
That's great, so those big rigs out there now will have to find a new home.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:49 AM

4 posts, read 5,026 times
Quote:
That's great, so those big rigs out there now will have to find a new home.
Looks like they moved them out recently and they have some people working on the building this morning. Was definitely getting perturbed by that mess of ragged out trucks in the lot.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacanty2100 View Post
Looks like they moved them out recently and they have some people working on the building this morning. Was definitely getting perturbed by that mess of ragged out trucks in the lot.
That's great and thanks for the update.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 AM

82 posts, read 73,824 times
I would like to see something be done with the old Kia dealer and the lot behind it. Personally, I think that would be a great location for a shopping center with a Target and a Publix... But I may be wishfully thinking there. I'm pretty sure that neither are considering Sumter at this time.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:46 AM

217 posts, read 240,290 times
Quote:
What about the main branch of Wells Fargo bank downtown, anyone know what is going on with that. I believe they had an electrical fire, and been closed ever since with yellow tape around it. Hopefully that won't turn into the next eyesore down there, they already have one right across the street from there.
Currently being rebuilt and updated. The outside is intact most of the fire was contained to the interior

Old 01-15-2020, 08:51 AM

217 posts, read 240,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaleLopezArce View Post
I would like to see something be done with the old Kia dealer and the lot behind it. Personally, I think that would be a great location for a shopping center with a Target and a Publix... But I may be wishfully thinking there. I'm pretty sure that neither are considering Sumter at this time.
Years ago before the economy drop. Home Depot was going to buy the land. About the same time Walmart was planning a second supercenter on 15 south. Both got cancelled unfortunately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina