Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2020, 07:51 PM

217 posts, read 239,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I noticed this morning, that heavy equipment is clearing the lot next to Burger King on Broad Street. That's a tight squeeze right there at a very busy intersection.
Looking at the lot it is a tight fit. But looking above on Google maps the lot could hold a restaurant the size of Burger King or Zaxbys with room for parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 08:51 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Looking at the lot it is a tight fit. But looking above on Google maps the lot could hold a restaurant the size of Burger King or Zaxbys with room for parking.
Ok thanks. I have no clue what's going there, it could not even be a restaurant. I haven't heard anything on that location.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:31 AM

143 posts, read 179,780 times
Colonial expanding with new clinic in Sumter by renovating the old Save-A-Lot store on W Liberty (674 W Liberty) Nice to see re-use of old or existing structures as opposed to sprawling out leaving abandoned blight.

https://www.theitem.com/stories/sumt...in-fall,339118

Colonial Healthcare's new family medicine practice in the former Save-A-Lot building on West Liberty Street is expected to open in the fall of this year.
ILLUSTRATION PROVIDED

moderator cut

Colonial Healthcare is using a recent decision as a dual effort to provide the best family medicine care in the tri-county region and also give back to the community.
Dr. Clay Lowder, founder of the original health care firm that is now Colonial, talked Tuesday about the provider's plan to expand and renovate the former Save-A-Lot discount supermarket on West Liberty Street and open a family medicine practice there in the fall.

Last edited by Yac; 01-10-2020 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: entire article copied

Old 01-08-2020, 12:10 PM

[quote=Downtnr;57046937]Colonial expanding with new clinic in Sumter by renovating the old Save-A-Lot store on W Liberty (674 W Liberty) Nice to see re-use of old or existing structures as opposed to sprawling out leaving abandoned blight.

https://www.theitem.com/stories/sumt...in-fall,339118

Colonial Healthcare's new family medicine practice in the former Save-A-Lot building on West Liberty Street is expected to open in the fall of this year.
ILLUSTRATION PROVIDED

moderator cut

Colonial Healthcare is using a recent decision as a dual effort to provide the best family medicine care in the tri-county region and also give back to the community.
Dr. Clay Lowder, founder of the original health care firm that is now Colonial, talked Tuesday about the provider's plan to expand and renovate the former Save-A-Lot discount supermarket on West Liberty Street and open a family medicine practice there in the fall.

Last edited by Yac; 01-10-2020 at 01:41 AM..

Old 01-08-2020, 12:22 PM

82 posts, read 73,729 times
Default Broad St. next to Burger King

According to word I just received from Boyer Construction, a Take 5 Oil Change facility is going next to Burger King on Broad St. in Sumter.

You can see the response I received from them here:
https://www.facebook.com/BoyerCommer...t=feed_comment

Old 01-08-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaleLopezArce View Post
According to word I just received from Boyer Construction, a Take 5 Oil Change facility is going next to Burger King on Broad St. in Sumter.

You can see the response I received from them here:
https://www.facebook.com/BoyerCommer...t=feed_comment
Ok thanks for that info. Take 5 is a drive thru oil change, you don't have to leave your car. And they offer 25% off for active duty and military veterans. I just saw their website and they have two locations in Columbia. For some reason I didn't think a restaurant was going there, I'm thinking the word would have been out already about that.

Old 01-11-2020, 11:29 AM

143 posts, read 179,780 times
Spoke with the owner of the property on N Main and Warren Street. This is being renovated top to bottom to be a full service cleaners and clothing alterations business. This is a huge improvement and relief as I was afraid it might turn into a check cashing or title pawn place. He showed me around his establishment telling me about the new roof and boiler for the laundry equipment, new security exterior lighting which is needed and landscaping and paving. Really wish this guy the best of luck!!

Old 01-14-2020, 07:55 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Spoke with the owner of the property on N Main and Warren Street. This is being renovated top to bottom to be a full service cleaners and clothing alterations business. This is a huge improvement and relief as I was afraid it might turn into a check cashing or title pawn place. He showed me around his establishment telling me about the new roof and boiler for the laundry equipment, new security exterior lighting which is needed and landscaping and paving. Really wish this guy the best of luck!!

That's good... I hope things improve on North Main like they are downtown.. Still waiting to see if that apartment building that was approved at N. Main and College across from Morris College ever gets built..I don't know what the issue is.. If there is no market for student housing the developer could always go after affordable housing tax credits.. I am certain there is still demand for that in that area and sumter as a whole.

There used to be a "lounge" aka Hole in the Wall night club up across from the HOPE Center called Noon's. I don't know if the guy that owned the place was named Noon or if it was simply short for "high noon". At any rate people were certainly high that went in there and .. like in a western.. there was always a shoot out there though not at high noon mostly after midnight... SPD used to frequent that location all the time and even with a car present.. stuff still happened.. Some real bad hombres used to go up in there and many a score was settled.....Eventually it was closed and torn down after numerous raids and incidents of violence.. North Main is much better off without it. Even the site of the Hope Center used to be a small collection of run down shacks whose residents were patrons of Noons adding to the drama. Morris College certainly pushed for its removal as did most of the community leaders. I heard it took awhile because of politics and Noon and/or his landlord were politically connected and blamed the violence on others as most happened outside of their establishment and on those back/side streets.

RIH (Rest in Hell) Noons

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9408...7i13312!8i6656

Last edited by Woodlands; 01-14-2020 at 08:10 AM..

Old 01-14-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-Monkey View Post
Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the Hibachi Grill restaurant on Broad St across from Golden Corral? Did they close for renovations or have they just gone out of business?
Look like they are closed for good, I believe that's Coldwell Banker that have an available space sign out front. Also Checkers right across the street from them are closed down as well. I actually thought they were doing pretty good, I always saw cars there. Hopefully something nice can replace them, that's prime area to have a business.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
That's good... I hope things improve on North Main like they are downtown.. Still waiting to see if that apartment building that was approved at N. Main and College across from Morris College ever gets built..I don't know what the issue is.. If there is no market for student housing the developer could always go after affordable housing tax credits.. I am certain there is still demand for that in that area and sumter as a whole.

There used to be a "lounge" aka Hole in the Wall night club up across from the HOPE Center called Noon's. I don't know if the guy that owned the place was named Noon or if it was simply short for "high noon". At any rate people were certainly high that went in there and .. like in a western.. there was always a shoot out there though not at high noon mostly after midnight... SPD used to frequent that location all the time and even with a car present.. stuff still happened.. Some real bad hombres used to go up in there and many a score was settled.....Eventually it was closed and torn down after numerous raids and incidents of violence.. North Main is much better off without it. Even the site of the Hope Center used to be a small collection of run down shacks whose residents were patrons of Noons adding to the drama. Morris College certainly pushed for its removal as did most of the community leaders. I heard it took awhile because of politics and Noon and/or his landlord were politically connected and blamed the violence on others as most happened outside of their establishment and on those back/side streets.

RIH (Rest in Hell) Noons

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9408...7i13312!8i6656
That was the name of the owner, and I guess he named the place that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina