Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2020, 08:11 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Sandhills Medical Foundation breaks ground, relocating from N Salem Ave. to 30 Cuttino Road (looks to be next to Golden Chick and bowling alley) Good fill for that part of Broad Street. Also, it would seem Sandhills was the group wanting to develop behind the mall but looked to be too wet and the lot would not drain. I remember we had a discussion with some of ya'll. I think we thought they would be apartments. Now we know, lol.

https://www.theitem.com/stories/sand...acility,350022

They finally found a home, hopefully the Sumter VA Clinic will purchase that building to expand their services to local veterans. I doubt that will happen though, but it would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 07:12 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I guess Sumter is a hot market for the DG stores.
Dolce & Gabbana Stores?!..Wow.. we have come up in the world

On a serious note.. I believe the City of Sumter owns most of the property in the block where the Water Department relocated between South Main and South Harvin along Bartlette and Oakland.... I wonder what else they have planned for that block? Seems like a good opportunity to anchor that end of the street. Not sure what would go down there.. Maybe some additional expansion for CCTC Health Sciences Center, especially if they take out more of the parking lot to expand that building... that are could become more parking for that facility and downtown

Old 08-18-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Dolce & Gabbana Stores?!..Wow.. we have come up in the world

On a serious note.. I believe the City of Sumter owns most of the property in the block where the Water Department relocated between South Main and South Harvin along Bartlette and Oakland.... I wonder what else they have planned for that block? Seems like a good opportunity to anchor that end of the street. Not sure what would go down there.. Maybe some additional expansion for CCTC Health Sciences Center, especially if they take out more of the parking lot to expand that building... that are could become more parking for that facility and downtown
Some sort of trendy eatery with outside seating option would be great.

Old 08-19-2020, 09:21 AM
KLX

7 posts, read 9,083 times
Any word on what stores might go into the little strip in front of the Retreat Apts??

Old 08-19-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLX View Post
Any word on what stores might go into the little strip in front of the Retreat Apts??

I've heard nothing and I'm guessing the pandemic is probably causing some delay. Whatever is going there is probably going to be on the upscale side of things. Those are high end luxury apartments and the rent is not cheap, plus with nearly everything along Carter Road being upscale as well. So, the stores and shops will be targeting those in the area.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:00 PM

143 posts, read 179,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLX View Post

I don't have a source but I think one potential occupant will be Jimmy Johns.

Old 08-20-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I don't have a source but I think one potential occupant will be Jimmy Johns.
That sounds about right for that targeted area.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:33 PM

143 posts, read 179,897 times
Well.....I guess Sabrina Belcher won't be getting my vote LOL.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Well.....I guess Sabrina Belcher won't be getting my vote LOL.

Lol, she was going nowhere fast anyway, and to think of something as crazy as that to try to get votes, is just crazy as crazy can get. Nobody wants to be mayor of Sumter that bad, I mean really now.

Old 08-25-2020, 06:35 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Lol, she was going nowhere fast anyway, and to think of something as crazy as that to try to get votes, is just crazy as crazy can get. Nobody wants to be mayor of Sumter that bad, I mean really now.
Dont count her out just yet ...stranger things have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina