Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 11:07 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen or heard anything lately in the paper about it. Construction was to start soon after the site is cleared, that was the last thing I read about it. I don't think its going to be a chain though. The last design rendering I saw in the papers a while back, was one that blended in with the structures around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 03:21 PM

4 posts, read 8,772 times
Default Whats New or Coming To Sumter

Bump for this Its coming up on the season and I see Lead Foot Diesel going to some in GA. There must be something coming up.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:02 PM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I haven't seen or heard anything lately in the paper about it. Construction was to start soon after the site is cleared, that was the last thing I read about it. I don't think its going to be a chain though. The last design rendering I saw in the papers a while back, was one that blended in with the structures around it.

If you have a photo anywhere that you can post of it.. that would be cool.. I am curious about the design.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
If you have a photo anywhere that you can post of it.. that would be cool.. I am curious about the design.
Ok, I will do just that if I can find something.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:07 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Ok, I will do just that if I can find something.

Cool thanks.. I dont get down to Sumter much anymore, but I spent several years down there.. I have always thought, especially recently, that the downtown was up and coming. It would be cool for the folks reading this thread that live in Sumter to post photos of downtown and other Sumter landmarks for those who lurk on here that are from and/or have an interest in Sumter but are no longer in the area. Could make for some good discussions....

Old 07-10-2015, 08:14 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,029,916 times
Quote:
Cool thanks.. I dont get down to Sumter much anymore, but I spent several years down there.. I have always thought, especially recently, that the downtown was up and coming. It would be cool for the folks reading this thread that live in Sumter to post photos of downtown and other Sumter landmarks for those who lurk on here that are from and/or have an interest in Sumter but are no longer in the area. Could make for some good discussions....
I grew up in Sumter and downtown was pretty sad in the 90s. Everytime I go back home and pass through downtown, I am amazed at the progress. Sumter has a lot to be proud of.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Good suggestion, but the last time I posted pics in the downtown area, people were all over me about that. I'm sure you remember that, lol.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:23 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,907 times
The Exxon station on Wesmark was bulldozed today. Making room for a Moe's and a Smashburger.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
The Exxon station on Wesmark was bulldozed today. Making room for a Moe's and a Smashburger.
Yes, I saw that today. That site was becoming an eyesore, I'm happy they have started the work. That is already a very busy corner there, it will be even busier after those places open.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
What do you think about Five Guys? I know many people who thought it wasn't going to make it, but it is still open. Cant really tell from just passing by there how busy they are. I guess the have enough customers to remain open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina