Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 08:30 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
What do you think about Five Guys? I know many people who thought it wasn't going to make it, but it is still open. Cant really tell from just passing by there how busy they are. I guess the have enough customers to remain open.
I like 5 Guys. It's just very expensive. It is kinda surprising that it has survived so far. But it wouldn't surprise me if it closed suddenly. I never see big crowds in there. For the money, Cookout has the best burger. Not saying it's the greatest, but it's fresh and cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 10:06 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
I like 5 Guys. It's just very expensive. It is kinda surprising that it has survived so far. But it wouldn't surprise me if it closed suddenly. I never see big crowds in there. For the money, Cookout has the best burger. Not saying it's the greatest, but it's fresh and cheap.
True, but I haven't been to Cookout in a long time now. I went there a lot when they first opened though. I haven't been back to Five Guys since the first week they open. The burger was good but was too expensive and way too small for that price.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:58 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,029,916 times
Five Guys is one of the best burger chains in the country. It is not as cheap as McDonalds or Cook Out, but well worth a few extra bucks. It's my favorite burger.

When my parents want to go out for a burger in Sumter, they go to Five Guys.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
Five Guys is one of the best burger chains in the country. It is not as cheap as McDonalds or Cook Out, but well worth a few extra bucks. It's my favorite burger.

When my parents want to go out for a burger in Sumter, they go to Five Guys.
I can believe that, but it's just not one of those places the average person can afford to eat at on a regular. If it had a drive thru setup , I'm sure I would have been there more often. I'm going to try to make it there later this evening though.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:12 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,029,916 times
Quote:
I can believe that, but it's just not one of those places the average person can afford to eat at on a regular. If it had a drive thru setup , I'm sure I would have been there more often. I'm going to try to make it there later this evening though.
I mean, $10-12 is not a lot of money for a meal. It is on the low end of average.

I also like that it doesn't have a drive-thru.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I mean, $10-12 is not a lot of money for a meal. It is on the low end of average.

Yeah, that can work for some, but I'm usually pretty busy most of the time so being able to drive and keep going does help in my situation. But, I will go there this evening though.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:27 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,907 times
Newspaper is just saying a Moe's is going up where the Exxon was. I had heard earlier that it was Moe's and a Smashburger. Hopefully more will occupy that corner than just a Moe's. There is plenty of space to build a decent sized retail strip. Hopefully something other than a dollar store, beauty supply shop and a cell phone outlet will go in there.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Newspaper is just saying a Moe's is going up where the Exxon was. I had heard earlier that it was Moe's and a Smashburger. Hopefully more will occupy that corner than just a Moe's. There is plenty of space to build a decent sized retail strip. Hopefully something other than a dollar store, beauty supply shop and a cell phone outlet will go in there.
I'm surprised it took so long for something to finally go up at that site. That is a very busy corner and I think Moe's should really do well there.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, that can work for some, but I'm usually pretty busy most of the time so being able to drive and keep going does help in my situation. But, I will go there this evening though.
I am yet to see a Five Guys with a drive through. I think it is more of a fast casual restaurant comparable to Fuddrucker's than it is a quick service restaurant like Burger King, Cook-Out, Hardee's, McDonald's, Rush's and Wendy's.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I am yet to see a Five Guys with a drive through. I think it is more of a fast casual restaurant comparable to Fuddrucker's than it is a quick service restaurant like Burger King, Cook-Out, Hardee's, McDonald's, Rush's and Wendy's.
I'm pretty sure they don't have any drive thru. I was just saying that if they did, they would have more customers for they people who don't want to go inside. And that if they did, I'm sure I would have been there more often. Just wishful thinking on my part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina