Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2021, 01:30 PM

1,290 posts, read 787,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
I can’t support anyone who caters to those who would overturn mine and my spouse’s marriage or have us keep searching until we find someone who won’t refuse us service as a couple because of their personal religious beliefs. We all have to make choices in life. No candidate or party checks all the boxes. In my opinion, if rape victims can’t be given the legal option of aborting rapists’ fetuses, then a no vote on changes to abortion laws will just have to do.
Charlestondata,

Don't mean to leave you hanging but I'm going to bow out of this discussion. It is not worth dealing with the histrionics from other people on here.

Happy new year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 01:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltamps1980 View Post
Far from making fun…..I’m a patriot a trump supporter and will fight and die to keep this country free from communism aka democrats. It’s the reason I’m leaving the north. It’s fallen.
So are you moving to SC. And I suspect the best way for you to find like minded would be to analyze the election outcomes nad move to a community that voted 'bigly' for Trump.

https://www.politico.com/2020-electi...outh-carolina/

Fortunately for you the most conservative areas are the less urban areas. And I think that's what you were hoping for.

Greenville seems to be a great area.

It's exciting to look for a new adventure -- good luck.

Last edited by moneill; 12-30-2021 at 02:24 PM..

Old 12-30-2021, 01:43 PM

Most of the conservatives in SC live in the most populated areas. Republicans win 8 out of 10 of the most urban counties and are over 40 percent in Charleston County and win a majority of the nicest part of that county.

Don't let liberals give you the impression you have to live in a rural area to be happy. They say that for self serving reasons.

Old 12-30-2021, 02:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
Most of the conservatives in SC live in the most populated areas. Republicans win 8 out of 10 of the most urban counties and are over 40 percent in Charleston County and win a majority of the nicest part of that county.

Don't let liberals give you the impression you have to live in a rural area to be happy. They say that for self serving reasons.
WHAT?

What's the biggest city in South Carolina?

And how did they vote in that county?

Old 12-30-2021, 02:24 PM

Richland County is the only populated county Republicans don't win over 40%. They win most of the nicer parts of that county and win over 60 percent in Lexington County which is nicer overall.

A transplant is more likely to live in Lexington County and the northeast part of Richland County than the Democratic voting areas of the Columbia metro. The voters in poor urban areas of SC go nearly 100% for Democratics.

You say that conservatives won't be happy in the urban areas but basically all of the complaint type posts on this forum seem to be made by Democratics or at least people who are not conservative. They generally live in the urban areas.

Many of them even complain about the two story Haywood Mall in Greenville. One of them said he wants that mall to be razed because it doesn't have a H&M. He has created a series of 'X in Greenville is depressing' topics. I was wanting to pop some Zoloft and wash it down with whiskey after reading that stuff.

Greenville County is SC's most populated county. Most of that population lives within 15 miles of 85.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 12-30-2021 at 02:51 PM..

Old 12-30-2021, 03:38 PM

5,492 posts, read 8,337,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So are you moving to SC. And I suspect the best way for you to find like minded would be to analyze the election outcomes nad move to a community that voted 'bigly' for Trump.

https://www.politico.com/2020-electi...outh-carolina/

Fortunately for you the most conservative areas are the less urban areas. And I think that's what you were hoping for.

Greenville seems to be a great area.

It's exciting to look for a new adventure -- good luck.
Greenville isn't rural.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:48 PM

11,710 posts, read 24,822,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
WHAT?

What's the biggest city in South Carolina?

And how did they vote in that county?
Charlotte is the biggest city in SC.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:20 PM

5,726 posts, read 4,713,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
Note that DSMRE and m1a1mg make these kind of insults rather than express their views on a topic in a civil way.

Upthread DSMRE tried to equate sperm to a unborn baby with a beating heart, brain waves, nervous system and other proofs of human life. I think a college educated person could understand that is a false equivalence. That's not Following The Science (TM).

Recently m1a1mg tried to refute a famous Yogi Berra joke which most people would recognize as a joke even if they are not familiar with Berra. He also was rude to Charleston Data when CD said a town looked charming in a photograph. This is odd behavior. I pointed out the point of photography is to capture charm or essence of something and he appears to be holding a grudge over it. Charleston data and I disagree on many things if not most things but I'm probably the only person who spoke up for him in this situation.
You forgot to cry about me writing the most horrible thing you’ve ever read on the internet.

Old 12-31-2021, 06:52 AM

.You are so eager to criticize other people that you make comments that make no sense, like a picture cannot capture charm.

CharlestonData's comment was the least controversial thing anybody has ever said.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:26 AM

12,943 posts, read 18,802,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Charlotte is the biggest city in SC.
Um, no. Charlotte is the city in North Carolina where Carolina beat North Carolina in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl yesterday.

Last edited by Charlestondata; 12-31-2021 at 10:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina