Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 04:16 PM
Status: "Without data, it's just an opinion." (set 29 days ago)

5,775 posts, read 4,782,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
Nah. What is it? Can be anything.
Yeah, that’s it.

This thread has long since passed its useful life. Just attempting some levity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 05:12 PM

1,290 posts, read 797,670 times
Why does m1a1mg get to decide what is 'useful' for everybody. Nobody forces him to read the topic or participate in a conversation.

He recently went after Charleston Data for saying he found a town to be charming in pictures. What is useful about comments like this.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:40 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,925,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
It is interesting how you want to be the spokesperson for conservatives as well as black people despite not being a member of either group.

You characterize people choosing to live in the suburbs in a negative way , as anti-city and as a political calculation rather than non-political reasons like newer houses, larger yards, school scores, safety, etc. Going with your calculation, liberal Darla Moore lives in a rural area near Lake City because she hates liberals.

Choosing to live in a suburb doesn't mean you don't interact with the CBD. I think you understand there is a difference between the CBD and the rest of the urban area.

It would be an interesting experiment to see how downtown Charleston holds up without Republican customers.

You have said you live in James Island which isn't downtown Charleston and is not urban. I can most likely get to downtown Greenville quicker than you can get to downtown Charleston. I don't think the average Democratic James Island resident drives into urban Charleston to visit the bad parts of it.

There are many posts by people with your general views who say there are too many conservatives in Greenville and list it as a con. I point out they could move to the west side of the metro which votes heavily for Democratics. They seem to prefer to live in the majority Republican areas.

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% or more of the poor people in the urban part of CHarleston would choose live out in the burbs if they had more money. I don't think they care about expensive restaurants and stores downtown.
I don’t live in James Island. I live in Charleston on James Island. James Island is a town on James Island with its own boundaries and council.

I live in the city of Charleston so close to the James Island connector, on purpose, that if you can get to downtown Greenville from your house in under seven minutes literally, sometimes under five minutes literally, then you can get to downtown Greenville faster than I can get to downtown Charleston.

As far as liberal versus conservative vibes in different cities, go ahead a see it however you wish.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:04 PM

5,525 posts, read 8,382,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Yeah, that’s it.

This thread has long since passed its useful life. Just attempting some levity.
Oh okay. Lol. Yes, it'll never end.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:33 PM

It seems like DSMARE rarely posts on topics that don't have a political angle. This is odd because he insists he doesn't like debates.

Most of his posts are posturing as some kind of 'middle of the road' person, a subject nobody has asked him about.

As I've pointed out, I previously gave m1a1mg the last word on a topic and I stopped posting. DSMARE revives the topic a week later by posting a direct response to a comment I made and invited me to discuss it. When I did discuss it, he complained about it.

He typically adds a 'lol' but his comment is not humorous.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 01-06-2022 at 09:10 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 08:50 PM
Status: "Without data, it's just an opinion." (set 29 days ago)

5,775 posts, read 4,782,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
Oh okay. Lol. Yes, it'll never end.
Nope. Simpsonvillian, ClemVegas, VM never lets anything go. He’s still regurgitating a post I made to someone else months ago.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:54 PM

m1a1mg engages in projection. He initiates the majority of our interactions and randomly brings up per capita stats and other things that I'm not talking about.

He is consistently rude to people on here. He made a snide comment to Charleston Data that a picture cannot capture charm. I asked him what is the point of photography if a picture cannot capture charm. He couldn't answer my question and he holds a grudge about it. That's why he keeps making posts like the one above.

You don't have to be a disciplinarian.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 01-06-2022 at 09:42 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
I don’t live in James Island. I live in Charleston on James Island. James Island is a town on James Island with its own boundaries and council.

I live in the city of Charleston so close to the James Island connector, on purpose, that if you can get to downtown Greenville from your house in under seven minutes literally, sometimes under five minutes literally, then you can get to downtown Greenville faster than I can get to downtown Charleston.

As far as liberal versus conservative vibes in different cities, go ahead a see it however you wish.
In my view, if you can't walk to the CBD, you are a suburban resident.

You must have a reason for not living in walking distance to the CBD that other suburbanites share.

Old 01-07-2022, 01:09 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,293,637 times
Quote:
It seems like DSMARE rarely posts on topics that don't have a political angle. This is odd because he insists he doesn't like debates.

Most of his posts are posturing as some kind of 'middle of the road' person, a subject nobody has asked him about.

As I've pointed out, I previously gave m1a1mg the last word on a topic and I stopped posting. DSMARE revives the topic a week later by posting a direct response to a comment I made and invited me to discuss it. When I did discuss it, he complained about it.

He typically adds a 'lol' but his comment is not humorous.
I love these Shakespearean "asides" you have. As if to fill in the audience or the passerby on this thread haha.

You should be one of those guys that fills in the viewer what happened on the last episode of ______ before the next episode starts.

Do me now...

"It seems that smithgn...", "Note that smithgn..."

Old 01-07-2022, 04:50 AM

1,124 posts, read 939,416 times
Quote:
In my view, if you can't walk to the CBD, you are a suburban resident.

You must have a reason for not living in walking distance to the CBD that other suburbanites share.
I live 2.5 miles north of Downtown Columbia. However, an 8 minute car ride (traffic and lights and whatnot) takes an hour to walk. So I would never walk it. Does that mean I live in the suburbs? I can literally see downtowns skyline from the hill my neighborhood is on. I mean, could I walk downtown? Yes. Would I? No. I’d love to live closer. And I think that’s a thing for almost everyone on this forum. We’d all love to live closer to our respective downtown’s, however usually the market for these kinds of places is tighter and more expensive. Making it harder to find the perfect home. For instance, I’d love to live in Shandon or Elmwood Park, but the inventory for those homes is extremely low. And what is there is either not my style or too expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina