Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 01:26 PM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 18 days ago)

733 posts, read 350,081 times

Advertisements

It's hard to believe people who want The Apprentice guy in jail would not vote against him in an open primary. She has asked them to vote for her for a reason

The only way he can beat a conviction is to win the election. No chance of winning the one in DC, jury will be all blue. Most on your side don't want to give him a chance of escaping jail.

People with your views will not call her a moderate if she's the

nominee. Her civil war comments will be a focus by your side. She will be called a racist. That should work on most so called independents

There's not a different culture in Charleston metro unless you are forced to be a Democrat. I understand you want to encourage conservatives not to move there. The poor
Democrats in Charleston don't care about the stuff you care about.

DJT has called a ton of people a RINO and then endorsed, hired and or campaigned with them. Graham is one example. Haley only had one prominent moderate Republican campaign for her, the NH governor. Trump has most of the RINOs. This isn't a conservative vs RINO contest.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 02-27-2024 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 03:52 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,329,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
Haley said her assertion about the cause of the civil war was wrong, once even on SNL. Fritz Hollings’s raising of the Confederate flag was in a different age and does not represent his later politics.

Slavery, btw, was not the sole cause of the Civil War. No one criticized her for not saying it was the sole cause. The criticism was that she didn’t even mention slavery in her answer.

Even Trump has taken to calling Haley a RINO and Democrat. Debate him. The difference between Charleston and Greenville is Greenville showed how much of a MAGAville it is while Charleston didn’t.

And if, as you say, Charleston County has a (significantly) higher percentage of Dems than Greenville County does, then what’s the argument about the culture difference - MAGA vs. not MAGA? I still recommend the Upstate for what the OP is seeking.
You calling Greenville MAGAville sounds like an attempt to make it sound bad or worse than a place that is overly liberal. It isn't or people wouldn't be moving in. These days I'm leaning Trump myself. No more Biden for me.

Old 02-27-2024, 11:03 PM

240 posts, read 238,931 times
Is South Carolina an unmoderated forum?

Old 02-28-2024, 02:34 AM

2,133 posts, read 2,275,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealheadrun23 View Post
Lol

Old 02-28-2024, 06:06 AM

8,249 posts, read 13,371,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealheadrun23 View Post
We are libertarian. Post Free or Die we are "unmoderatable" so they must have resigned

Old 02-28-2024, 09:07 AM

What do you think needs to be moderated? Neither one of you has participated in the discussion.

The original question was by a conservative asking about the political climate in SC. I may be the only conservative to give my take on it.

People have made assertions Greenville and Charleston have different cultures based on percentages voting for certain candidates. I'm sharing my opinion the recent primary doesn't provide information about culture in these cities because how people view those two candidates differs. For example, the former SC governor may have a more conservative record on policy than the candidate described as conservative by some on here. He was able to win blue states in 2016 that most Republicans including the former SC probably can't win. That must mean he's more of a centrist than her.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 02-28-2024 at 09:33 AM..

Old 02-28-2024, 09:58 AM

5,723 posts, read 4,698,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
We are libertarian. Post Free or Die we are "unmoderatable" so they must have resigned
Just refer to someone as a moron and I'm sure one will show up.

Old 02-28-2024, 10:18 AM

Seems like every one of m1a1mg posts is him calling someone a moron or speaking in a rude way.

People in Charleston tend to be laid back so he stands out

Last edited by LakeMan45; 02-28-2024 at 10:27 AM..

Old 02-28-2024, 03:56 PM

Using NY Times election data, approximately 64,000 people voted in the primary on Saturday in Charleston Country. That' about 30,000 less people that can fit in Clemson's stadium. It looks like 64,000 people is about 15% of the county's population.

There was approximately 1500 vote difference between the two candidates. It's a reach to make assertions about culture in Charleston and Greenville based on 1500 votes. Some percentage of the losing candidate's voters views the losing candidate in Charleston as a moderate given he easily won the primaries in two blue states.

Typically people who say Greenville and Charleston have different cultures say it due to Charleston having more Republican transplants from blue states. But the candidate being portrayed as the moderate in this race isn't winning those states.

Looking at a map of Charleston County, it's hard to understand how a candidate who does poorly on the Charleston peninsula could get close to 40% in the county without doing well in Mount Pleasant. Perhaps that candidate dominated in West Ashley and south parts of the county.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 02-28-2024 at 04:13 PM..

Old 02-28-2024, 09:20 PM

5,723 posts, read 4,698,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMan45 View Post
Seems like every one of m1a1mg posts is him calling someone a moron or speaking in a rude way.

People in Charleston tend to be laid back so he stands out
I did not call anyone a moron. Your reading comprehension skills haven’t improved. Maybe when you come back for the 5th or 6th name change. That’s why I think there’s no moderation here anymore. How many times have you been banned?

I’ve never called anyone on CD a moron, but if I were to be overcome by temptation……….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina