Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:16 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,876,121 times

Advertisements

OK, interesting. From what I interpreted on the website it appeared that they were an anti-government supremecist group. I jumped to conclusions, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 04:06 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
ok, i am african american gullah from lowcountry south carolina and i know alot of folks think that we blacks are not as smart as the majority race, but come on!! Maybe i cant read with an ivy league yankee education, but folks NO WHERE on the Christian Exodus website did it say anything about racial supremacy or anything against blacks or other races.

In fact, on its site it has points of what they believe and they believe in equality based on race and they are against discrimination. I do not know where others are getting this information that they are racist as it is no where in their website.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 PM

people should read their Position Statement on the Website--they are very clear, and one cannot intepret that they are supremacist or extremists at all.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:34 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,292,275 times
Never heard of them,just want to move South Carolina is not home to me.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:53 PM

Sorry Jack, I guess I read too much between the lines and let my law enforcement experience/suspicions carry me away.

I watched a couple of their videos and I still think they are somewhat radical, but they don't present themselves as the extremist that normally comes to mind. Personally, I would not want to be the sheriff who knocks on their door to serve an "eminent domain" papers. My past experience tells me that they would not be too cordial to "the man".

Oh btw, I am a little insulted by the tone of one of your comments:

Quote:
alot of folks think that we blacks are not as smart as the majority race
I may have been flippant but was I was not being condescending to you or any particular race. I am not sure what race you are since you have posted that your lineage is fairly diverse.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
people should read their Position Statement on the Website--they are very clear, and one cannot intepret that they are supremacist or extremists at all.
I didn't say they are white supremacists, only that they are a radical group. From their website:

"We seek a republican government constrained by constitutionally delegated powers. If this cannot be achieved within the United States, then we believe a peaceful withdrawal from the union to be the last available remedy."

I don't know about you, but I classify that as extreme.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:22 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Greetings everyone,

Alot of us on this forum are thinking about moving to SC for verious reasons. But is anyone here that has moved, is moving, or planning to move to SC because of Christian Exodus? Just interested.

Thanks,
Mark
Definately not.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:10 PM

286 posts, read 1,478,001 times
was my post not funny? come on now, I don't care who you are, that was funny granted, I was in a goofy mood.

I don't think humor comes off well on the internet?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:51 PM

they dont classify as extreme to me, as they do not profess violence in any shape or form. I guess having lived all over the country and seeing extreme groups they dont even register, any more than tax resisters or hippies withdrawing on a commune.

as for background, i think i said black and gullah, if you are native of SC lowcountry you will know what that is.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Jack, I thought I had read somewhere that you were part American Indian, Scottish, Irish and Jewish, too. That's quite a combination!

And yes, I am acquainted with the Gullah community. I actually live around the corner from the Gullah Museum in Pawleys Island... it is an interesting history, indeed....

And Tony, I guess the humor was lost on a couple of the posts here.

This is what happens when I violate one of my own rules by discussing religion & politics. My last comment on this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina